X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windies
    • Feb 2007

B&w Xt4

Can anyone provide insight on using XT4 as fronts? And could I use 805 as surrounds with a pair of XT4's? I forgot in my first post to say that this is my first post, that I'm new to B&W gear, and thanks in advance for your responses.
    Last edited by windies; 28 February 2007, 03:47 Wednesday. Reason: Need to say I'm a new comer and add thanks in advance
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

Do you already have the 805's? The XT series have a surround model too.

The XT series are great but try to get all XT series or all 800 series

And welcome to the club!!

Comment

• akhter
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by windies
      Can anyone provide insight on using XT4 as fronts? And could I use 805 as surrounds with a pair of XT4's? I forgot in my first post to say that this is my first post, that I'm new to B&W gear, and thanks in advance for your responses.
      If you have xt4 and 805, use the 805 as fronts as they are better. better yet, use either all xt (xt4 and xt2) or all 805 (both front and surrounds).

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

BTW, do you know if you want an HT system only? Are you priorities 50% music / 50% HT? Please tell us what you already have, what you want to achieve, and maybe how much $$.

Comment

• windies
          • Feb 2007

Thanks everyone, I changed my mind on the XT's and 805 and decided to go in another direction. I will return for further advise as I continue to read your outstanding responses.

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Its like days of our lives

"tune in next week when Windies reveals the his new direction. Is he secretly courting Bose, has he had an inheritance and has ordered 5 800Ds, does the secondhand market beckon, tune in next week to find out"

My bet is a pair of 802Ds at rock bottom prices from a local Cash Converters - but I think Racecardriver has the copyright on that one.

I think the move away from XT4 & 805 is a good one as I don't see any advantages in that setup.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Yasvanth
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by windies

Hi

If I was you I'll stay away from the B&W XT4. I don't think that they are that good. Please do audition other B & W spks.

Cheers
              Yas

Comment

• ac81017
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Yasvanth
                Hi

If I was you I'll stay away from the B&W XT4. I don't think that they are that good. Please do audition other B & W spks.

Cheers
                Yas

I agree with my fellow countryman here! Try something else, like the 700series?? :T

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"