X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack d
    • Sep 2006

Swapping Tweeter on 603 S3

I have to replace a tweeter on a 603 S3. I know I can just order one from my local dealer but it is easy to change? I've never fiddled with one of these before so would appreciate advice. thanks.
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

They are real easy, you will have to pull the mid driver out to gain access to it, once you do that just reach up inside and rotate the tweeter to unlock it from its cradle. Then just do the opposite upon installation.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• jack d
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Soundgravy
      They are real easy, you will have to pull the mid driver out to gain access to it, once you do that just reach up inside and rotate the tweeter to unlock it from its cradle. Then just do the opposite upon installation.
      Great. So no fiddling with any connections. That sounds about as easy as you can get.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

You will have to unplug the mid driver and the tweeter, make sure you note the correct polarity on the mid driver, the tweeter has a plug that can only go one way.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• jack d
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Soundgravy
          You will have to unplug the mid driver and the tweeter, make sure you note the correct polarity on the mid driver, the tweeter has a plug that can only go one way.
          OK. As long as it is just plugs and not soldering wires, I'm ok.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"