X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruben1
    • Feb 2006

Comparison between DM 603, DM 603 S2, DM 600i

Can anyone here please tell me the difference between these models and why is one preferable over the other. For example, the specs on one of these (can't recall which one) states that the tweeter is a Nautilus tweeter. The other 2 models do not. Does this fact make the one with the Nautilus tweeter better sounding in general and therefore the more desirable of the 3 models mentioned?. Thanks. Can't seem to find a place where I can audition these for my own listening and determination so opinions are greatly appreciated.
  • Ryx
    • Oct 2005

yes the 603 S2s use a tube loaded design with an aluminum dome, and the older modles do not. they use a non tube loaded design and also use a different metal material for the dome (not sure what it is exactly). I think the performance of both tweeters are very good, though I do prefer the newer tube loaded design.

the 603 S2s also use a actual sub driver, and acording to B&Ws own back cataloge information the 603 S1 only has a passive radiator acompanying the midsub driver. I have never personally heard the series one version but I am willing to bet the S2 would have a noticeable inprovement due to the fact it has a extra powered driver for the lower frequencies.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"