X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Classe Delta Amp for 802D

Which Classe Delta series amp would work well with the 802d's? I'm looking at the CA 2100 and CA 2200. Do the 802's really benefit that much more from the additiona 100 watts when its coming from a higher end amp like Classe?
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

I think so...
    The bigger the amp, better! (Speaking about Classe) The best would be the 400 watts monos but if money is an issue go for the CA 2200, it also depends on what you listen and if it is for HT or stereo!

Comment

• See-Fu
      • Oct 2006

This will be mostly for HT.

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by See-Fu
        Which Classe Delta series amp would work well with the 802d's? I'm looking at the CA 2100 and CA 2200. Do the 802's really benefit that much more from the additiona 100 watts when its coming from a higher end amp like Classe?
        Classe gives class A power to 1/3 of its total power. By going with the CA-2200, you'd get more (double) Class A power to the speaker.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• gerardhn
          • Jun 2005

i use the 2200 on 802d.
          I havent heard 400 mono's.
          My experiences would lead me to the a better cd - pre combination.....when spending the money.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

CA-3200 review will be in next Stereophile (and I used the 802Ds).

Kal
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
              CA-3200 review will be in next Stereophile (and I used the 802Ds).

Kal
              I was wondering when that was coming. I'm saving my pennies now... when will it hit newsstands? can ya give us a sneak peak?
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2006

I guess the January issue which should appear in December. Sorry, no hints.

EDIT: Nope. It will be the February issue.

Kal
                Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 30 November 2006, 18:39 Thursday.
                Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Joey_V
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                  I was wondering when that was coming. I'm saving my pennies now... when will it hit newsstands? can ya give us a sneak peak?
                  You should just get a subscription. 12 issues for 12$ vs 1 issue at newstand for $7.

Not trying to sound like an ad or anything...

Kal,
                  Looking forward to your review.

Joey
                  Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                  Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                  System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• tboooe
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                    Classe gives class A power to 1/3 of its total power. By going with the CA-2200, you'd get more (double) Class A power to the speaker.
                    Just out of curiosity, can someone please explain this to me? I never understood what Classe meant by defining its Class A output like this. Lets take the CA-M400 for example. According to the Classe definition, these amps can put out 133W (400W/3) of pure Class A power? Is this single ended or push pull? Isnt it more traditional to just list the max Class A power? Why does Classe define it this way? I am always a little weary when manufacturers use these "cute" methods of defining performance.

Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to bash Classe. I just dont understand the reason for defining the Class A output in this manner.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"