X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mclasse
    • Jan 2009

mono bridging classe ca-2200

I currently have classe cp-500 and the classe ca-2200 with 802D speakers.

I intend to purchase an additional ca-2200 amplifier. However, the cp-500 only has one balanced and onbalanced output. As a result it is in theory not possible to connect two ca-2200 to the cp-500. However, someone informed me that it is possible to mono bridge the ca-2200 so that both ca-2200 operate in a mono mode. As a result it would be possible to connect both amplifiers.

Has anyone experience with this, how does it work and are the sound advantages significant to one stereo connected ca-2200.

• Birdy
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mclasse
    I currently have classe cp-500 and the classe ca-2200 with 802D speakers.

I intend to purchase an additional ca-2200 amplifier. However, the cp-500 only has one balanced and onbalanced output. As a result it is in theory not possible to connect two ca-2200 to the cp-500. However, someone informed me that it is possible to mono bridge the ca-2200 so that both ca-2200 operate in a mono mode. As a result it would be possible to connect both amplifiers.

Has anyone experience with this, how does it work and are the sound advantages significant to one stereo connected ca-2200.

You will have to tell me how it sounds compared to your actual config.
    have quasi the same config ( except CP , bought a second CA 2200 but will be able to listen to the 2 CA2200 only in the summer; so I'm a bit impatient....

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Unlike the legacy models, the Delta series amps are not bridgeable. They are not spec'd for bridged mono operation and have no provision for doing so.

Comment

• planitismetal
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Glen B
        Unlike the legacy models, the Delta series amps are not bridgeable. They are not spec'd for bridged mono operation and have no provision for doing so.

So, if I want to buy a couple of B&W 800D, I have to sell my CA-2200 and buy 2 CA-M400?? Current system SSP-800, CA-2200, B&W805s...

Comment

• planitismetal
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Glen B

Posted by fredBelgium

How can be a connection like this?? He had used 2 CA-2200... I'm very intrested about this if it will be a new upgrade...

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi mclasse,

with the CP500 you have a only obne (1) input) well, you need a y adaptor I think to connect the 2 CA2200 on the pre CP500.
            the CP700 have 2 input = dont need nothing, no adaptor.

the bi amplig horizontal or vertical have nothing to do with or question or???

style

Comment

• planitismetal
              • Dec 2008

No... Nothing to do... I made a mistake... My previous post wasn't an answer to the initial question... ops:

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

well, the point is the buy a Y adapter and a new CA2200 and make a bi.amp. vertical......

but I think that with 2x CAM400 i much better vs. the bi.amp....

is a personal choice...
                Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

I agree for buying 2 Ca-M400 for the 800D but I will have to sell my loving CA-2200 :cry: :cry:

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Yes all Delta Series amplifiers can be Bridged

Straight from Classé, Thank you Tom

Delta Series amplifiers Bridging Procedure (excluding the CAM-400)
                    Although bridging amplifiers is a simple procedure, we do not recommend that it be performed by anyone except trained technicians. Classé cannot be liable for the consequences of Bridging performed by anyone except their own staff.

The following procedure illustrates how to bridge any two Delta Series amplifier channels into a single channel.

BRIDGING PROCEDURE
                    1. Ensure that the amplifier(s)/Pre-amp/Processor are OFF and disconnected from all power supplies
                    2. Using a good gauge speaker cable (preferably 10 gauge or better) connect the amplifier’s negative outputs of the 2 channels that you want to bridge.
                    3. Take the LEFT speaker cable and connect the positive end to Channel 1 and the negative end to Channel 2.
                    4. Repeat as necessary for the other channels/ amplifiers
                    5. Using the XLR “Y” cable, connect the MALE NON-inverted end to the amplifier’s CH1 XLR input, and the MALE INVERTED to the amplifier’s CH2 XLR input.
                    6. Repeat as necessary for the other channels/amplifiers.
                    7. Take the female end of the XLR “Y” cable and connect it to the LEFT XLR output on your Pre-amp/ Processor.
                    8. Repeat as necessary, connecting the female end of the XLR “Y” cable to the appropriate input on your Pre-amp/ Processor for the other channels/amplifiers.

Note on Bridging Delta Multichannel Amplifiers:
                    When bridging multi channel Delta amplifiers the best sound is delivered by bridging the channels that are physically closest to each other (channel 1 with channel 4; channel 3 with channel 5). See the pictures below:
                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• planitismetal
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou

Although bridging amplifiers is a simple procedure, we do not recommend that it be performed by anyone except trained technicians. Classé cannot be liable for the consequences of Bridging performed by anyone except their own staff.

The following procedure illustrates how to bridge any two Delta Series amplifier channels into a single channel.

BRIDGING PROCEDURE
                      1. Ensure that the amplifier(s)/Pre-amp/Processor are OFF and disconnected from all power supplies
                      2. Using a good gauge speaker cable (preferably 10 gauge or better) connect the amplifier’s negative outputs of the 2 channels that you want to bridge.
                      3. Take the LEFT speaker cable and connect the positive end to Channel 1 and the negative end to Channel 2.
                      5. Using the XLR “Y” cable, connect the MALE NON-inverted end to the amplifier’s CH1 XLR input, and the MALE INVERTED to the amplifier’s CH2 XLR input.
                      7. Take the female end of the XLR “Y” cable and connect it to the LEFT XLR output on your Pre-amp/ Processor.
                      8. Repeat as necessary, connecting the female end of the XLR “Y” cable to the appropriate input on your Pre-amp/ Processor for the other channels/amplifiers.

When bridging multi channel Delta amplifiers the best sound is delivered by bridging the channels that are physically closest to each other (channel 1 with channel 4; channel 3 with channel 5). See the pictures below:

:smootch: :smootch: :smootch: :smootch: :smootch: :smootch: :smootch: :smootch:

YES YES YES
                      THANK YOU WETTOU
                      ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x(

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                        YES YES YES THANK YOU WETTOU
                        You are very welcome Classé rocks, Tom especially is an outstanding customer service engineer

I wish other brands like Sony, Denon...would be as responsive with their customers.
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ChrisssB
                          • Feb 2006

You are very welcome Classé rocks, Tom especially is an outstanding customer service engineer
                          I wish other brands like Sony, Denon...would be as responsive with their customers.
                          I very much agree with you...everytime I had to ask something, Classé customer service proved to be outstanding :T

Comment

• planitismetal
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ChrisssB
                            I very much agree with you...everytime I had to ask something, Classé customer service proved to be outstanding :T
                            2 times I have had a communication with Tom McConville via emails, and it was like chating...! And everything in this company works like this! My dealer (Classe distributor also), has the same reactions!

@wettou:
                            As for these brands you are talking about, they don't care about that,because they always find buyers! From the moment that they begin selling at 50$, they will find buyers! If Classe and any other respectable brand won't have an after sale assistance, will anybody continue buying from these brands???

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

Hallo,

but with the SSP isf you have a 5.1 system you need the Y adapter?

the CD700 have more input and don't need Y adapter well???

is with the SSP not the same??

Style

Comment

• Glen B
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jul 2004

2 times I have had a communication with Tom McConville via emails, and it was like chating...! And everything in this company works like this! My dealer (Classe distributor also), has the same reactions!
                                Kudos should also go to Shane Kea and Vladimir Savic, both of whom work with Tom in different areas of reponsibility. I've had multiple communications with these two individuals and they've both also been extremely helpful.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                  • Dec 2008

So, if I want to buy B&W 800D, Is better with 2xCA-M400 or with 2 CA-2200 monobridged???Has anybody any acoustic experience on this???

Comment

• Glen B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Jul 2004

Can you borrow another CA-2200 to compare stereo versus bridged mode ? Then you can drive one speaker with a single channel of one amp and the other speaker with the other amp in bridged mode, and compare the sound of the two.
                                    Last edited by Glen B; 12 February 2009, 13:11 Thursday.

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

So, if I want to buy B&W 800D, Is better with 2xCA-M400 or with 2 CA-2200 monobridged???Has anybody any acoustic experience on this???
                                      It should be a wash,

2 CA-M400 will be easier one connection per speaker per pre/pro and no Y connectors sound should be equivalent :lol:

Comment

• gideonl
                                        • Aug 2018

Do you still have a picture of this process? Would be much obliged!

BRIDGING PROCEDURE

Comment

• canAre
                                          • Nov 2018

Yes, picture of this process?
                                          Please!

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"