X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickc
    • Sep 2006

Best Turntable for Classe CP700, B&W802D and Transparent System

Please let me know if you have had any experience with the following turntables with a ClasseCP700/ Classe Cam 400's/B&W 802D/GrandPrix Rack

I have the following system for analog:
    Classe CP700
    B&W 802D's
    Classe Cam 400 mono blocks
    Grand Prix Rack
    All transparent Interconnects

I am looking at the following tables:
    SME
    Avid
    VPI
    ClearAudio
    Basis

I have a budget of about $15K for this table and I was hoping that someone can give me some advice about their system if they are using Classe and B&W 802D's. This budget would include the Phono preamp and cartridge
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hy rickc,

the turntable is in your head!!¨
    I think that the Transrotor is a great TT. the DarkStar "stantart" or in "Reference " is very good.

The Claeraudio is not so excensive with the new model "Concept" can be a surprise!!!

What do yu think?

Style

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

I can only speak for the Phono Preamp but Im testing a Graham Slee Era Gold V at the moment and its what I would describe very transparent. Using it with a Rega p5.

Comment

• SwainDtV
        • Sep 2008

Rickc

You may want to add Michell turntables to your list.

My turntable setup:
        Michell <something> Spider Edition, with an Orbe platter upgrade.
        Ortofon kontrapunkt H cartridge.
        Ayre 5 <something> phono stage.
        Siltech SQ-110 RCA interconnects.
        Classe SSP-800 processor.

This weekend I'm checking out an Ortofon Jubilee. Another cartridge I would like to demo is a VdHull Frog MC.

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi Ab,

I agree with you: Michell is to add to the list.

rickc you can find a lot of TT in the market but with a budget from 15k you can too choice the Best.

if you have a possibilty to make test from 3, 4 products was the perfect solution.

not only the TTT but the phono stage is very important!

Style

Comment

• alebonau
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by rickc
            Please let me know if you have had any experience with the following turntables with a ClasseCP700/ Classe Cam 400's/B&W 802D/GrandPrix Rack

I have the following system for analog:
            Classe CP700
            B&W 802D's
            Classe Cam 400 mono blocks
            Grand Prix Rack
            All transparent Interconnects

I am looking at the following tables:
            SME
            Avid
            VPI
            ClearAudio
            Basis

I have a budget of about $15K for this table and I was hoping that someone can give me some advice about their system if they are using Classe and B&W 802D's. This budget would include the Phono preamp and cartridge
            rick I run a rega p9 with ortofon jubilee and audio research ph5 tube pre. a sweet combo that works a treat together and as a combo would fall someplace in your bracket. sound wise it is not edgy or highly strung. more mellifluous, able to convey delicate detail and yet with a sound that seems to come out of an inky blackness.

in my opinion the TT is one thing, but it is the choice of phono cart/stylus and phono pre that is super critical for depending on the kind of sound your chasing. The TT and arm is what in my opinion gives the basis for the stylus to perform its best.

liste nto as many combos as you can will start to build frame of reference and soon work out what your chasing and what to spend your hard earned on to best deliver to yoru needs
            "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Mestre JR
              • Dec 2009

I agree that the most important thing is the sinergy between the elements.
              I have a Michell Engeneering too, with the Rega 700 and the Dynavox MKII. The phono stage is the last ASR mini-basis (i like it a lot), and it plays very well with the SSP800+Cam400 and BW800D.
              I´m very happy, but it can go up...(specially after i buy the CDP202 :W , i notest some lack of dynamic and "full" detail...but it´s a question of €€ specially in the cartrige, and start to try what cartrige can give what it takes; but even so, the sound of vinil got something magic, and doesn´t tired our senses)...

Comment

• SwainDtV
                • Sep 2008

Last week I demoed 2 Michell Gyro SE TT's. Mine had a Michell Orbe platter upgrade and an Ortofon kontrapunkt H element and the other TT a standard Gyro platter with an Ortofon Jubilee element.

I listened to Tori Amos' latest record and I immediately heard a difference in soundstage and detail. The Jubilee was definitely the winner.

My dealer who is a vinyl fan since forever advised me the listen to the new Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua. This element should blow away the Jubilee.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"