X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colinparker
    • Sep 2006

Replace my Denon 3805 for my B&W 700s?

I have the B&W 700's series and I'm sure they could perform better if I had a differnt amp. Plus I don't need all of the AV switching.

If I can get £500 for the Denon, I could come up with another £1000. What could I get for that ex dem, or second hand?
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

@colinparker,

i have the B&W700 line too with Denon 3805 (703 l/r, htm7 center, cdm7nt rear) with the 3805:
    1. buy a RSX1055/56 or 57 (second hand too) in place of Denon 3805
    2. use the denon as pre and power Rotel rmb1075
    3. buy Rotel combi rsp1068&rmb1075 (rsp1068 or new comer...)

Denon make nice piece, for my make the better receiver's (AVC11xva,...)
    in the market but Rotel is one step up...

bey Omar

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

By all means take a look at a Rega integrated amp with no video!

BTW, do you have 703's like me, or what else? The 703's FST needs very clean electronics to avoid sounding harsh.

----

Edit: Ok, forget the Rega thing. Looks like you need surround sound. Then Rotel is a good choice in that kind of price range.
      Last edited by jim777; 14 September 2006, 21:52 Thursday.

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

you better add Rotel 1075 RMB

Comment

• Shyamalan
          • Sep 2006

Do you think that there is a better amp than the rotel RMB-1095 for the 703?

Comment

• WI Rotel
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Shyamalan
            Do you think that there is a better amp than the rotel RMB-1095 for the 703?
            Not for anywhere close to the price. If you're only doing stereo a RMB1080 will be cheaper and offer the same performance. A 1090 is much more powerful but its probably overkill for the 7 series.

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
              • Jun 2006

Sunfire Amp 200x5 channel

When I purchased my 703's I had a Denon 3801 Receiver. I purchased a RMB1075 because I was concerned that I was going to kill the Denon's internal amp. I noticed in 2 channel that there was an improvement, but it was not a wow difference. Then I purchased RB1080 for the L/R Fronts. This mad a noticeable Difference, but The speakers still seemed a little bright at times and the bass could be improved. I took a loaner on a Sunfire TGA5200. This amp made a Night and Day difference in 2 channel. For the price of 2k usd, I was able to sell the RB1080 and an older piece of equipment and only spent $700 out of pocket.

This maybe something to look at as an alternative.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"