Does any one know where can I get spikes for 802D?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

Does any one know where can I get spikes for 802D?

I'm trying to get the original speaker spikes for the 802D, I live in Mexico and the only dealer here is not able to get them, or doesn't want to. Does any one knows where can I find them in the US?
    Thanks!
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Aldo
    I'm trying to get the original speaker spikes for the 802D, I live in Mexico and the only dealer here is not able to get them, or doesn't want to. Does any one knows where can I find them in the US?
    Thanks!
    hi
    try to contact B&W ,tell them your problem, they should be able to guide you. Other option is to look for ones in audiogon.
    Eliav
    :T Socrat

Comment

• Aldo
      • Sep 2005

Thank you very much! Everytime I send an email to B&W they forward it to my dealer, my dealer contact me and tell me that they are on their way, that since january!
      But anyway thaks for the tip!

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Aldo, Have you read this post by DrBoom ?

"For misterdoggy and all others who want spikes without the hassle, you should try Soundcare Superspikes.
        They come in several versions, ranging from $47 for the basic model (4 pieces) which I have, through the bling-bling "High end" version at $182 (same thing but with transparant housing and gold plated) up to a staggering $1900 for 3 pieces of the Titanium Extreme version
        For B&W's you need the M6 threaded version, fits great and you can move speakers around as much as you like without losing the disk. You may have to re-level them but that's all.
        I have them under my 804s and sub.

http://www.soundcare.no/

I hope it helps
        Eliav

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

eliav, just out of curiostiy. the Soundcare are not actually "spikes". I thought actual spikes were better than feet like those on the Soundcare.

Comment

• Eliav
            • Jul 2005

tbooe
            i honestly do not know anything about these guys/spikes/company, i was trying to help this nice gentleman, I am waiting on my original B& W spikes to arrive after my 802d have been registered with b&W, "G" says it should arrive in a week. BTW, even though I am sure the 802 will sound better with the spikes ( as did the 803 in my room) I find the wheels on the 802 extremely helpful especially now when I move the speakers back and forth trying to find the best position for them. I am also reluctant to start messing around with lifting and tossing the speakers in order to put the spikes on. ooohh, life is hard aint it ?... :W
            Eliav

Comment

• Aldo
              • Sep 2005

Dear Eliav: Are you supposed to recieve the spikes just because you register your speakers? My dealer is asking $200 usd for the spikes in case he gets them!

Comment

• misterdoggy
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Some countries charge you for spikes and others dont

In the USA they are "offered free"

Comment

• Aldo
                  • Sep 2005

That's not fair! But such is life!

Comment

• DavidB
                    • Jan 2006

I got a pair free with my 802's that I bought this summer, which I think is unusual as I am in the UK. I haven't put them on yet as I'm still exploring the optimal position and not sure that I will as I have wooden floors.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                      Super Senior Member
                      • May 2005

I regret the day I got spikes for my 802D's. My wood floors are ruined

Comment

• Aldo
                        • Sep 2005

The new spikes are reversibles and got ruber on the other side making them perfect for wooden floors!

Comment

• caleb
                          • Aug 2004

Mail to dealers

Originally posted by Aldo
                          Thank you very much! Everytime I send an email to B&W they forward it to my dealer, my dealer contact me and tell me that they are on their way, that since january!
                          But anyway thaks for the tip!
                          You make a good point here Aldo.

B&W are a bloody nuisance for doing this, I also co ntact BYW from time to time and they always forward my mails to the distributor here who is a real ar#eho*e, and a rip off merchant as well.

I always thought that mails were personal and should not be forwarded without the senders permission.

_____B&W - if you are reading this - please take heed_______

Comment

• gerardhn
                            • Jun 2005

Eliav and others

do your soundcare m6 thread connection also fit in the 802d?

Comment

• Eliav
                              • Jul 2005

Hi
                              I have not used anything else on my B&W 803s except for B&W original spikes. as a new owner of the 802D, i am waiting on my spikes to arrive after i have registered my speakers with B&W.
                              Regards
                              Eliav

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                                I am waiting on my original B& W spikes to arrive after my 802d have been registered with b&W, "G" says it should arrive in a week.
                                Please keep us posted.
                                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• gerardhn
                                  • Jun 2005

misterdoggy:

I have a hard floor (tiles), what do you think about it then?????

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • May 2005

Originally posted by gerardhn
                                    misterdoggy:

I have a hard floor (tiles), what do you think about it then?????
                                    Gerard,

I have to say if I could do it all over again, I would stay with the original rollers.

If I have a chance I will change the pointed side of the spikes to the rubber side and not worry about spikes.

I heard no real improvement (snake oil IMHO)

spikes could mark up and even crack floor tiles with that weight. Its not that you can use cups to be careful with, Its that you WILL miss the cup and something will happen as a result.

Its just all much easier to manage on rollers ........ ;x(

Comment

• gerardhn
                                      • Jun 2005

ok, doggy, clear, thx

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"