Spikes 802D where can I get them Insane price !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Spikes 802D where can I get them Insane price !!

My 802d's came without a spike set. Now the dealer is telling me that is 300 euros for the 2 spike sets Is he insane or am I insane.

does anyone know the price of these things or where I can get them preferably in Europe but who cares at that kind of price. ?

Or Alternative spike sets that go on 802Ds
  • armasace
    • May 2005

spikes

I don't know about France, but here in the US, when you buy your speakers they come with Casters, if you wants spikes your dealer can get them for you for FREE, YES FREE, you just need to give him your serial numbers.

I called B&W because I just bought the 800D and B&W said it's free, must be ordered through the dealer. I don't know if this is just with the new "D" series.
    Last edited by armasace; 24 August 2005, 16:00 Wednesday.

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Here in Europe or Germany where I bought them , they are an "option" ?? Its listed in the Manual where they have dots for each item supplied with speaker ie; cleaning kit, jumper cables and center cone, then for the spikes it says option fp22359. !!

Comment

• xk8boy
        • Jul 2005

thats bad news misterdoggy. do you think the dealer is taken you for a ride? I had my speakers delivered including the spiking kit. I cant see bw having different policy within europe.

Comment

• sascha h-k
          • Jun 2005

I think, they started with this option on "D" series .. (800d, 801d, 802d)

regards
          sascha

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by sascha h-k
            I think, they started with this option on "D" series .. (800d, 801d, 802d)
            Sascha, did you have to buy Spikes in Vienna and if yes, how much are they ?

Originally posted by xk8boy
            thats bad news misterdoggy. do you think the dealer is
            taken you for a ride? I had my speakers delivered including the spiking kit. I cant see bw having different policy within europe.
            Was yours the "D" series ??

DO THEY LOOK LIKE THIS ?

Attached Files
            Last edited by misterdoggy; 24 August 2005, 09:31 Wednesday.

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Update, I just hung up the phone with B&W and the sales dept stated that the spikes are not sold with the new 800D 801D and 802D, they are an OPTION> You got to buy them !!! 294£ in England

Comment

• Cowanrg
                • Feb 2004

that is correct...

if i remember correctly (ive sold several pairs of 802's and 802D's), spikes are an option only, and NOT free, unless they are bundled in the price of the speakers...

Comment

• sascha h-k
                  • Jun 2005

hi misterdoggy,

they are sold seperatly and the price was € 250.00 for four

regards
                  sascha

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by sascha h-k
                    hi misterdoggy,

they are sold seperatly and the price was € 250.00 for four

regards
                    sascha
                    Actually my guy was offering the 8 spikes for 300€ so I should stop all my complaining.

Comment

• xk8boy
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by misterdoggy

Was yours the "D" series ??

DO THEY LOOK LIKE THIS ?

misterdoggy, i dont no what to say, except that i have an understanding dealer. when i brought the 802Ds, i automatically assumed that spikes where included. i didnt not specifically ask for spikes, but when the 802Ds were delivered the spiking kit was there.

And yes, those are the spikes that i have. each box also contained a hex key and a small metal rod which i dont know what it is used for.

Comment

• junior77blue
                        • Nov 2004

When I purchased my demo N802's, I asked for spikes. B&W were out of the original Nautilus series spikes and sent me the NEW D series spikes, FREE OF CHARGE...

FREE!!!

And they look exactly like what is posted above. So, not sure what to tell ya...I'd contact B&W directly!

Comment

• Stoney
                          • Dec 2004

"And yes, those are the spikes that i have. each box also contained a hex key and a small metal rod which i dont know what it is used for."

It appears that the small metal rod would be to put in the hole at the end of the spike to turn it for adjustment. The hex key would be to tighten the set screw that appears to be accessable in the knurled area to lock them in place.
                          Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
                          Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
                          B&W DM605 S2 Mains
                          DM602 S2 Surrounds
                          DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
                          CC6 S2 Center.
                          ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• caleb
                            • Aug 2004

These new spike kits are amazing compared to the "old"802's.

However with the old series, I got the spikes included in the price.

The metal rod is for adjusting the Vertical levellness of your speakers on floors which are not 100% level.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                              Super Senior Member
                              • May 2005

They are on their way winging to me.

I will probably use the rubber side as we have hardwood cherry floors. I wouldn't want to see the weight of one of those babies pushong down on a spike into my wood floors Oouuch.

I mean when you lie those suckers on their side put on spikes and then try to stand them up into the little holders, better keep your fingers crossed. I will go with the rubber feet.

I can't stand the speakers rolling around all the time. I am always readjusting them

Comment

• xk8boy
                                • Jul 2005

They are on their way winging to me.

I will probably use the rubber side as we have hardwood cherry floors. I wouldn't want to see the weight of one of those babies pushong down on a spike into my wood floors Oouuch.

I mean when you lie those suckers on their side put on spikes and then try to stand them up into the little holders, better keep your fingers crossed. I will go with the rubber feet.

I can't stand the speakers rolling around all the time. I am always readjusting them

hey misterdoggy, what was the final outcome, did you end paying for them.
                                Here's a tip to install the spikes. dont lay them on the side as the manual suggest cause they're going to be a pain in lift up again. Get a friend to help you, tip the speakers so they are on the two rear feet, your friend should be easily balance them. now install the front two spikes. do the same for the rears feet.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • May 2005

Originally posted by xk8boy
                                  hey misterdoggy, what was the final outcome, did you end paying for them.
                                  Here's a tip to install the spikes. dont lay them on the side as the manual suggest cause they're going to be a pain in lift up again. Get a friend to help you, tip the speakers so they are on the two rear feet, your friend should be easily balance them. now install the front two spikes. do the same for the rears feet.
                                  xk8boy
                                  I paid the Piper. 300 Euros and I'm told its a bargain. Sascha h-t said he paid 250 euros for only 4 so I should count my blessings. I'm gonna go with the Rubber sides. Sounds like it would take too long for someone to stand there while I unscrew and rescrew and adjust. Wouldn't be less pressure on me, to lie them on their side, on a fat blanket with a friend and just put them back up. Or even better yet, lie them on a low soft something so they pivot" balancing and put them back down gentily like a see-saw.

Comment

• caleb
                                    • Aug 2004

mrdoggy - I would recomend putting them onto someting more solid than a cushion and letting them balance.

Also go with the spikes, but put a small coin under the spikes to save your wooden floors - the spike DO make a differrrence.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • May 2005

I have the "coasters" that accept the spike, but fear is greater than curiosity.

Comment

• VictorHRS
                                        • Apr 2005

I was searching for a thread such as this, because my dealer is selling me the 8 spikes for U$600 :E ! And they were the Nautilus version of it, despite seeing in pictures that the D version seems different.

Of course I told him I would not buy these spikes, they should come with the speakers, specially when they charge you almost double the US price here - you heard that right 22k on a pair of speakers - being an audiophile in Brazil is very, very hard on you pockets! :M

I´ll try to get those spikes for free.... No way I´m paying 600 dollars....

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • May 2005

I saw this add on ebay for a set of spikes for 802D's and the price is reasonable

Comment

• VictorHRS
                                            • Apr 2005

Thanks misterdoggy, I'll ask for my cousin that lives in UK and speaks german to buy those for me. :T

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • May 2005

I had to buy mine in Germany as well. I think I paid 200 Euros

In the states they get them for free

Comment

• VictorHRS
                                                • Apr 2005

In the states they get them for free
                                                I had read this somewhere else I thought it was B&W's worldwide policy, at first I didn't believe when my dealer told me told I would have to buy the spikes... :M

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • May 2005

No it depends on the distributor and country. Each one is different. In all the European countries its NOT for free.

Comment

• WI Rotel
                                                    • Jul 2006

And I thought in Germany they only made you pay for Ketchup! Try Ebay you might get lucky and find some there. BTW you just boght some 802's whats a hudred more euro's (other than a rip off :jawdrop: ) good luck!

Comment

• caleb
                                                      • Aug 2004

No it depends on the distributor and country. Each one is different. In all the European countries its NOT for free.
                                                      They are not free in South Africa either mate.

Distributor here wants R3600 for a set for two speakers (800D2).

In real money that's 400 EUROS - so if you can get them for 200 EuROs - I'll send you the money and you can get a set for me.

I am expected to pay this after paying 16500 EUROS for a set of speakers ! ! !

A bit of a rip off I think.

Comment

• CPALIU
                                                        • Jun 2006

What do the spikes do other than keep the speakers from rotating when on carpet?

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • May 2005

they are "supposed" to make the sound more precise. Improve the Bass. I changed and can't really confirm it, but others say it does so it May.

There are area's where I do hear a difference, but this one is not night and day. I was playing with cheap cables versus expensive cables and the sound was night and day.

So, I go with, quality things all around and follow the trends, so spikes it is.....

Comment

• DavidB
                                                            • Jan 2006

My 802D's were delivered a month ago and I got two sets of spikes for free, definitley not charged for them. I live in the UK. I currently haven't used them as I'm still moving my speakers to find the best position.

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                              • Jun 2005

Monsieur le chien: was it worth the upgrade?

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • May 2005

Originally posted by gerardhn
                                                                Monsieur le chien: was it worth the upgrade?
                                                                which upgrade was that ? there have been so many ? :conveyer: :conveyer:

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Mar 2005

Now I am going to risk being controversial here.

I want a blindfolded, turned around three times, level matched listening test between spikes. I want to test the pair that came free with my first set of B&W 705 vs the set that the STEG (Steyning terrorist extortion group) charged you the earth for. Anyone ever read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance'. Just replace the BMW Motorcycle in the book with a B&W speaker. Spikes are pointy bits of metal with a thread on them (or some similar method of attachment/adjustment), even 802D spikes. I'm sure someone from the bronze age could knock a set together........out of bronze of course.

Not snake oil, just simply a rip off!!!.....................I feel better now!
                                                                  Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                                                  Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Jun 2005

Misterdoggy,
                                                                    the upgrade of this thread. the spikes!
                                                                    was or is it worth the investment ????
                                                                    (official price 400€/8)

Comment

• VictorHRS
                                                                      • Apr 2005

I tried to get those that misterdoggy linked through Ebay but I didn't win the auction, I went as far as 200 E. The winner bidded 310 E I think....

Too bad, no spikes for me. I think I'll bild my own 802D base.

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"