1) Front speakers: 703
    Central: HTM7
    Rear speakers: 705 or DS7
    Subwoofer: ASW700

2) Front speakers: 805
    Central: HTM4S
    Rear speakers: SCMS
    Subwoofer: ASW825

Do you think the second option is better? Which are the differences?

Thank you very much
  • fauzigarib
    • Aug 2006

Any relation to M. Night?

Hi there,

You may hear a lot of "go for the 805's" on this forum.. but I'm a firm believer of full range speakers...

I'm sure the 800 series is "very good" (whatever that means!) but the 700 series also have their own sound, which is a fantastic one. I would be hard pressed to bite the bullet and go for a smaller speaker that doesn't offer the full range, when I could afford a fantastic speaker that did.

Are you the Sixth Sense guy by any chance? If so, then you should be able to get the 800D's immediately!!!

Good luck,

Fauzi

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

For mostly music or HT? Full range speakers are great for music, but the HTM7 is not up to the 703 IMO, so I guess it all depends on where your priorities are.

I think a previous thread has already debated 703 vs 805 though..

Comment

• bvk_houtx
        • Apr 2005

I am in a similar situation and I am leaning towards the 805S/HTM4S/SCMS, although would really prefer the 804S/HTM3S/805S. Budget issues will dictate the final choice. I will probably go with a Velodyne sub. My usuage is 80% HT & 20% music. The majority of opinions on this forum tell you that the 703 is not for HT, but only for 2 channel music. The problem is there are no center channel speakers in the 700 series that match the 703. The 704 would be a better match with the HTM7 center channel. I have auditioned the 800 series speakers and they sound fantastic. It's been awhile (12 months) since I have heard the 700 speakers so I will need to re-visit the store before I make my purchase. A year ago when I did a side-by-side comparison the 804/HTM3 was a big improvement over the 704/HTM7. Let your ears be your guide.

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

I have 703 x2 - HTM7 - cdm7NT x2 and i'm very happy. 90% movie
          I replace my hold sub. with the asw750 or PV1 (for me better as asw700)

The set 805 - HTM4S - SMC - 825 yee ok, but for my 805-HTM4S-705 and
          sub 750 is a good team.

No budget problem? 804 - HTM4S - 805 and 750.

(Velodyne in Europe is to expensive - DD serie's!!! - and i'm sure B&W sub are
          graet for music&movie, Velodyne i think is more for music)

Bey Omar
          Switzrland

Comment

• Shyamalan
            • Sep 2006

I'll use it mostly for HT (maybe 80%).

By the moment I only listen the 704 and the 705. I liked them very much but I'd like a stronger bass.

Which are the improvements of the 805 over the 703? It's better the ASW825 than the ASW700?

Thank you

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

@Shyamalan,

for the Sub:
              B&W 700, 750 and PV1 = 1° 750, 2° PV1 and 3° 700,
              B&W 825 vs. 750 I say 750 is the winner
              855 Ok , the top.

Personaly ops:
              Omar

Comment

• Shyamalan
                • Sep 2006

I've been reading your comments in this page and some people says that the 703 doesn't match very well with the HTM7. What do you think about this?

Thank you in advance for your opinions

Comment

• BassThatHz
                  • Jul 2006

I can say with some certainty that the 805 is more accurate above 4khz and the 703 likewise below 80hz, their mid-range characteristic are much more difficult to definitively quantify… only you can be the judge in that. :T

Since the HGS and DD Velodyne sub’s are servo controlled, I doubt that that mechanism would even allow for a preference to either source material. According to Bruce Hall the CEO of Velodyne, the only time it limits the output signal is when the cone has reached its physical limits (with 1250watts and an inch+ of displacement most sane individuals will never see this :twisted: ), any other point in time it is used purely to minimize distortion as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"