X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

Moving my 804's from carpet to hardwood floor

We are moving houses and my B&W 804 speakers will be moving from carpet to oak hardwood floors. I have the spikes on the bottom of the speakers now but I assume that these will damage my hardwood floor. What do other forum members suggest that I put my speakers on to protect the oak hardwood floor?

Thanks for any help you can offer :W
  • ZX10 Guy
    • Mar 2005

I have some hardwood spike protectors. They're small disks that have an identation at the top of the cone for the speaker spikes to rest on top of. I'll post up some pics when I get the chance. I just purchased some Lovan hardwood protectors which come in a pack of 6.

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

I got these in an audio show. Metal cup over very hard rubber with an identation for the spike. They also had metal-only ones, but the rubber helps to make a good mecanical contact with all four feet. Speakers should all be made with a 3-spike base...

You can also use a few pennies before getting the fancy feet.

Some may suggest using the rubber feet, but those that came with my speakers were too soft and I find that the sound is a lot better with the spikes.
      Attached Files

Comment

• NonSense
        • Nov 2003

Have a look at soundcare superspikes.

They may not be the best, but you don't have to worry about keeping the pucks under the spikes if you choose to move your speakers. They are also reasonably priced when compared to refinishing the floor.
        Bruce

Comment

• jim777
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by NonSense
          Have a look at soundcare superspikes.

They may not be the best, but you don't have to worry about keeping the pucks under the spikes if you choose to move your speakers. They are also reasonably priced when compared to refinishing the floor.
          I can easily slide the speakers on the floor because of the hard rubber. I wouldn't try to slide a speaker with metal-only pucks though, that could scratch the floor...

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

I use the rubber feet that came (dealer gave to me) with my N804s. I was contemplating spike feet and cups but did not want to chance floor damage.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"