X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longgone
    • Jul 2011

moving speakers

Hi. I was reading about the difficulty of moving speakers after spikes have been installed.

If you have carpet there is a furniture skate available at hardware stores. A three and a half inch diameter furniture skate is a good solution. I place a hockey puck between the spike and the furniture skate but you may find this unnecessary. The hockey puck helps, I think. The skate that I use is a "Super Sliders" brand. It is gray with a black slightly hard rubber pad glued to the furniture side of the skate. The cosmetic look of this system is presentable for most rooms. When you desire to move the speakers, handle the speakers down near the floor to push them around.

If you have a non carpet floor... I would try attaching a piece of appropriately sized carpet to the bottom of the furniture skate. Double sided tape or contact cement should work.

I suppose there are some floors that might prohibit the use of a furniture skate. The furniture skate will allow you the option to move your speakers if you want to. With the hockey puck you will raise the speaker an inch.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"