X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ric888
    • Jun 2006

Rotel 1067 for 604's?

Hi guys,

just want to get some feeb backs on this combo.

Im planning of moving up to the next level of entertainment, i currently have the 4 602's, front and rears and the LCR 600. Planning on getting the 604 for the next purchase.

Q: if i purchase the 604, can the rotel 1067 handle it or do i still have to purchase an amp for it, lets say the 1080?

Thanks guys for any inputs.
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

I am running 603s off a 1056 and it sounds pretty good... But I am running a sub as well.

Comment

• ric888
      • Jun 2006

does it make your 603 sing? or just about right for your room?

604 i thing is harder to drive though?

Comment

• Sim reality
        • Aug 2005

It sounds pretty good to me... But I am still a newbie at this and have been steadly upgrading so every change sound better then the last setup.

I have the Sub crossover set at 60Hz so the "hard to drive" portion of the sound spectrum is taken up by the subwoofer. However I have not compared it to using RB-1080s yet (it's probably the an upgrade later on).

Personally, unless you are aiming for a 7.1 setup I would get a sub for the 602 if you don't already have one and then save up to upgrade to the 700 or 800 series... The difference the 604 would give you over the 602 would mostly be bass extention which could be done by getting a good sub.

Comment

• sonicbaer
          • Jul 2006

That is what I started with..and it seemed to work just fine..then got a deal on a slightly pre-owned RB1090 with dealer/factory warranty...that I could not pass up..probably overkill but it did make a subtle difference...and I'm still aiming for some B&W 802D's

I'm using the 1067 as pre only, using mult-in connections, bypass'd to 1090 and I also have a sub..aws650

sounds very good but..unfortunately for my wallet...I know there is better for 2ch...but i'm keeping the 1067 for surround when I get new pre-amp and speakers..

MB
          Last edited by sonicbaer; 20 July 2006, 15:09 Thursday.

Comment

• ric888
            • Jun 2006

Sim reality,

Thanks for tha insight, i guess you are right about it, since it bass extension only that ill be getting from the 604, better use the mone on a very good sub!

anybody want to comment on this?

"does anybody here had a chance to compare the sound quality of the 602 vs 604 disregarding bass output?"

would any body second Sim reality's opinion?
            602's with a very good sub be better than a 604?
            - sonic attributes, soundstage, depth, quality -

Comment

• WI Rotel
              • Jul 2006

The 604's are pretty efficient, the 1067 should drive them fine. The 1067 is a fine choice if you are on a budget and you are using efficient speakers. Although I'm not a radio fan, I was surprised at how very good its FM tuner is.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"