X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

RSX-1067 & RB-1080 or RSP-1068 & RB-1080

Hi all, another question here. I'm thinking about getting the RB-1080 because the RSX-1067 isn't doing that great to statisy my stereo need. The question is whether to sell the 1067 and purchase the RSP-1068 to couple with RB-1080 or just keep the 1067 and use it as the preamp for RB-1080?

Advantage of keeping is the extra speaker connections so that I can add on a center channel whenever i like. However, sacrifying sound quality for the center isn't something I'm willing to do. I have seen others use their receivers as a preamp but is there any differences?

Thank you.

PS: which amplifier out there from Rotel do you guys think is comparable with the RSX-1067? Not the 1075 right?
    Last edited by BlueSander; 10 December 2009, 20:24 Thursday.
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

not a single reply?

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

The RSP-1068 might sound a little better than the RSX-1067 but not worth the move in my opinion. It's enough of a lateral move, and to not gain HDMI capabilities, doesn't seem worth it to me. If you went to an RSP-1069 that would be another story since it sounds better than the RSP-1068 and adds HDMI. It just costs more to do that.

Eric

Comment

• BlueSander
        • Apr 2008

Thanks for the reply. I prob hold on to the 1067 for now then.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"