X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b&w fan
    • Feb 2006

Yamaha vs Denon CD player for B&W 703

What CD player brand name would you recommend me? Yamaha or Denon?

I have B&W703 and Rotel amplifier 2-ways set up. Preferred music is Latin, Jazz, some Classic.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Are we talking CD only, or any chance of MC (SACD/DVD-A). Rotel makes a pretty nice CD player if you want to 'keep it in the family'

Comment

• b&w fan
      • Feb 2006

No Rotel dealer here

Unfortunately there is no a Rotel dealer here and getting a CD player via internet can take me about one month. It will be CD for music, no DVD.

Comment

• chuck1801
        • Feb 2006

I've had my Denon 5910ci for six months now -- highly recommended. I bought it primarily for video but it has become my favored audio player. It plays everything well. I must admit that I enjoy multi-channel, much more than I ever thought I would. The Denon never disappoints whether 2 ch. or multi-channel. I listen to practically everything including a lot of classic and jazz. I don't think that either Yamaha or Rotel make anything at its level, either in video or audio.

Comment

• WI Rotel
          • Jul 2006

Denon is well known for good CD players. However if you are using an optical or other digital output the brand doesnt matter since the DA conversion is not happening in the CD player anyway.

Comment

• marano
            • May 2006

Here's some food for thought - http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=25018

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

By the way Yamaha goes very well with Rotel Amps and Loves the B&W 703. I had that combo about 3 years ago and it was excellent. No Idea about Denon though!!
              Have a listening audition of both these players and let your ears make the choice with your favorite music.
              Rotel 1072 would be the best choice, but I understand your comments!!!
              Good Luck,
              Cheers!!

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Are you limited to Yamaha & Denon?

Yamaha and Denon make me think DVD player, not CD player, but this is probably just a personal bias of mine and the fact that they seem to have so few options for CD players. (Actually as far as I know Rotel only does the one CD player so maybe that does not mean much)

With 703 you would hear benefits from going up market a little, that is if your budget will allow, or I would be looking at one of the more "2 channel" brands such as Cambridge Audio which many here rave about. Some of the guys on this forum are using pretty flash CD players with 703s. A while back I was thinking of a Quad CDP2 or a Naim 5i for my 705. Now that I have 804 I am still considering the Quad, although I preferred the more expensive Naim 5x in a listening test.

If you get a decent CD player I would use your analogue connections if you are using a receiver. I find that even the NAD T562 sounds better using the NADs DACs as long as I use a reasonable set of analogue interconnects.

That my 2 cents worth!
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"