X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b&w fan
    • Feb 2006

Power for B&W 703 and CDM1NT in stereo mode

I had a pair of CDM1NT and just recently bought a pair of 703. I would like to have a two channel system using all 4 speakers. It would be quite simple: a receiver or separates amp + preamp plus a CD player. There is not a Rotel distributor in my location, so the option of auditioning Rotel equipment is ruled out however I can order Rotel by internet with additional charges of shipping and customs. What they do sell here is Yamaha, Denon and Piooner. Have anyone of you have experiences with those brand names? how do they compare with Rotel? Is Rotel way superior?.
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

IMHO Rotel sounds much better than Pioneer or Yamaha, so I were you I'd go Rotel. You can't purchase Rotel on line, unless you get an used unit. That's probably ok coz you'll save some money too. Augiogon is a good place to start. Good luck.

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

That's interesting, a 2 channel system using 4 speakers. I wouldn't do it, it can only be worse than just using the 2x 703 in stereo. You'd get phase cancellations and augmentation depending on position, and all kinds of weird effects. How about using the cdm1nt as surround speakers with a multi channel source (sacd, dvd-a, dolby digital, dts...)?

As for the amp, a Rotel 1075 or 1095 or 1077 (all multi-channel) would be your best investment. And there are plenty of places to order Rotel gear online, or get it delivered after a simple phone purchase.

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by b&w fan
        I had a pair of CDM1NT and just recently bought a pair of 703. I would like to have a two channel system using all 4 speakers. It would be quite simple: a receiver or separates amp + preamp plus a CD player. There is not a Rotel distributor in my location, so the option of auditioning Rotel equipment is ruled out however I can order Rotel by internet with additional charges of shipping and customs. What they do sell here is Yamaha, Denon and Piooner. Have anyone of you have experiences with those brand names? how do they compare with Rotel? Is Rotel way superior?.
        If you use your CDM1NT with your 703s in stereo mode, then you are going backwards. I would only use a receiver as a pre-amp for the 703'S. For an amp, go and listen to a Sunfire. It will make your 703's, Sing...not Ring. Make sure you take a little time and listen to some amps, it will save you money in the future and headaches now.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"