X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

New System idea's B & W/Rotel

Hello,

I have posted a few questions on here before and in need of more help. I am currently thinking of the following system. I am ready to place my order wth my local dealer.

Rotel 1068/1075 and possibly the 1060 DVD
    B & W 805
    Velodyne SPL1200r

My room size is 22x17 and opens in to another area that is 15x18. My budget is for the 805s and was looking at the 804s.

1. Is the 805 with a sub too small for the room? They will be on the long wall in the larger room.

2. If I buy the 804s, will not be able to afford the sub for some time. Is the 1075 the best amp for them? I had this amp in the past and know it sounds great with the 805s.

3. Is it best to wait on the dvd player? I have read on this site that the 1060 is no longer, newer ones will be out in a few months. However I may not be able to afford this as the newer players will be much higher.

4. For rears I will have inwalls that are B & W. My main focus is HT for 60%.

5. I can get this sub for $1000.00 Is there another sub that will sound as well with the 805s? My dealer is not that impressed with the B & W subs compared to the Velodyne. I have not heard one with the 805s.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

D ;x(
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Hi
    My room size is 20x15, I have the Velodyne SPL1200II. It does a graet job in my opinion. I only use it for movies, I listen most of the time to pure two channel music ( no sub, just my 803s). I think the 1200r should do graet in your room, however, bigger and more powerful sub will definitely give you more "gut shaking" sensation. If you are more kind of a music guy ( pure two channel) , go with the 804s and the 1200r, if you are more into impressive explosions and booms - go with a bigger Velodyne and get the 805.
    Cheers
    Eliav
    :T Socrat

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the input. I think I have deceided to go to the 804. More mid range and later add the sub. What about the power of the 1075? Is this enough?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Boon,

The 804S are a great choice... The RMB-1075 will drive them but not optimally (ie there is lots of room for improvement)... If you are starting with just a stereo set-up you may wish to consider getting the RB-1080 amp - which will do a much better job... You can then add the 1075 later for 7 channels... Or, if you can find the extra $ now you could try the new Rotel RMB-1077 amp - which wil give you 7 channels right now...

Geoff

Comment

• Boone38
          • Dec 2004

Thanks for the input. I was just on Audiogon looking at a used one. Read the thread on the reviews and would like to listen to one. I think what I may do is get the 1068/1075 and then later upgrade to a better amp with more power and then will have the 7 channels. I was also talking to the dealer and he is pushing me to a Sherbourn 200x7. He can get me one at 1500.00.
          Anyone used this amp with the 804s? Would have plenty of power and from what I read is a highly regarded amp as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"