X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy
    • Jan 2006

Upgrade from 805+ Sub to 804S Worth it

I'm getting the upgrade bug again. This has been eating me out all week so I'll ask to see what others think.

I'm currently running N805 with a velodyne spl1000r sub in a small room for stereo only (3x4m).

Wondering if upgrading to 804S and no sub for stereo will be worth it or just wait until I can afford the 803 and move the system to the home theater room which is 5x5m.

My system consists of Musical Fidelity A5 CD Player and A300 amp rated at 150W per channel.

Listen mostly to Jazz, blues, easy listening, soft rock.

I know I should go listen and hear for myself and I will very shortly however I'm just curious to hear what others think about the move from 805 + sub to 804. My guess is I'm probably better off waiting until I can afford the 803s.

Cheers, Guy.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Your 805 + sub should at least equal the 804s. I ended up adding a sub to my 804N. You may want to look into upgrading to the 803D to enjoy the difference in sound.

Comment

• Guy
      • Jan 2006

Yes I'm also thinking to wait until I can afford the 803S or maybe the 803D.

Comment

• rav934
        • Dec 2005

I also have muscial fidelity A5 Cd and integrated amp. Speakers are new 804s. These speakers are ideal for jazz and easy listening.

Comment

• shades
          • Mar 2005

I upgraded from 805S + sub to the 804S + sub and i'm very happy. These are exactly what i was looking for. For me the upgrade to the 803S was not worth it, but jumping to 803D is totally different. The diamond tweeter is just awesoem.
          B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"