X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

wanting to build a new enclosure for my Velodyne CT120 sub

All,
    i have an old Velodyne CT120 sub that is a little boomy and the enclosure is pretty abused so i am going to build a new enclosure to house the driver and plate amp but while i am at it i want to do a better job of building it than the original and wanted to know if anyone has the driver info for this 12" driver so i can plug it into WINisd or something like it. i want to see how this driver would work in different enclosures. total DB/SPL level is not as important to me as the musicality of this sub as i am also in the process of building a SONOSUB for my HT setup. if i went with the same deminsions of the original enclosure and added some fill to the box what would that do to the output?

Thanks For Looking guys...
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I don't have the T/S specs. You're only option may be to find someone with a Woofer Tester (or other means) and measure it.

The other thing you have to figure out is if the plate amp has any EQ built into it. It is very common for commercial plate amps to have some boost in them and highpass filters.

Have you confirmed that your current box doesn't have fill? I'm guessing it has some already. So the effect of adding more is probably nill. With fill, you can get a bit more extension by sacrificing a bit of output. Model any driver in Unibox and play with the fill settings, and you can see.

Depending on how well built the sub is already, you may be wasting your time. Consider just epoxying in some braces to the existing box, sanding off the existing finish, and spend your effort on veneering.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Txgrizzly
      • Jun 2009

Thanks Ryan, i guess the 1st thing i need to do is open her up and check out the guts...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"