X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

B&w Cm-c

What do you all think of the B&W CM-C Center Channel Speaker? I'd be using this center channel speaker as a match in a 5.1 setup with a pair of B&W DM 602s3s up front.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

-BW
    Last edited by drsiebling; 19 February 2006, 19:41 Sunday.
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

Does anyone know anything about the CM-C? I'd love to hear some opinions... I'd like to make my purchase in the next day or so and your input is much appreciated...

thanks...

Comment

• worldys
      • Dec 2005

i would go for the lcr600s3 over the cmc, better dynamic range and more depth, the cm series has nicer cabinets but i don't think the actual components are any better than the 600 series

Comment

• jayskumar
        • Nov 2005

Worldys,

You are right that the old CM series had the same components as the 600 series, but the CM-4's and the CM-2's sounded much better than anything the 600 series had. They were more open, whereas the 600 series was more congested. I guess the difference in sound came from the cabinet size, etc. I can only imagine the same for the CMC.

Drsiebling,
        There is a new CMC coming out any day now. It was supposed to be released mid Feb. Any B&W dealer should have a picture of it.

JK

Comment

• drsiebling
          • Jan 2006

I found a CM-C unused and still in the box for $300... that seemed like a pretty damn good deal. My other choice was a new LCR600 for a minimum price of $450 plus tax... seemed like a no-brainer. My main concern was if the CM-C would match up well with my existing 602s3 fronts and of course that the CM-C might be a step down from the LCR600, but it is sounding like the CM-C IS a LCR600 in a better casing.

Comment

• jayskumar
            • Nov 2005

I haven't heard the CMC, but when I compared the CM-4 to the big 600's, the difference in sound was huge. The cabinet matters. But for you, the LCR600 will probably match better.

Comment

• jim777
              • Mar 2005

Me too, I listened to CM4 vs 603s3 and the CM4 was much better. I've also heard the 600 series and CM series in 5.1, without doing a direct compare though. The CM series are more tranparent I would say. And with the price of your CMC, I would get it right away without hesitation. I don't think that voicing the CMC with the 600 series will be a problem either, the difference in tone isn't big enough.

Comment

• drsiebling
                • Jan 2006

Thanks for the info everybody... the CMC was just too good a deal to pass up at $300... It's on the way!

Comment

• drsiebling
                  • Jan 2006

I've now had the CM-C installed in my HT for a day and the difference is quite amazing. It blends perfectly with my 602S3 front speakers. Dialogue is much more clear and the soundstage has really opened up. I'm also very impressed with the very solid build quality of the CM-C. It is clearly a high quality component.

Now, my only concern is that I've just made the decision to upgrade my front speakers to the B&W 805s. Looks like I'm going to be selling this CM-C very soon in favor of an HTM2.

Upgradeitis! Damn you!

Comment

• jim777
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by drsiebling
                    Now, my only concern is that I've just made the decision to upgrade my front speakers to the B&W 805s. Looks like I'm going to be selling this CM-C very soon in favor of an HTM2.

Upgradeitis! Damn you!
                    :rofl:

That's why I like this hobby

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"