X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Upgrading CM2/CMC to 805S

Firstly, a happy new year to everyone. This is my first post on this forum and it's a revelation to know that I'm not the only one in love with my bee an' dubs (b & w's).

What I'm planning:

I'm considering replacing my 2 rear CM2's with a pair of 805S's. Also my centre CMC with an HTM3S.

Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions on differences between the old discontinued CM range (bought in 2001) and the 805S's? Do you think that it would be a worthy upgrade?

My dedicated audio/home theatre lounge is approx 17 feet in length x 12 feet wide and I mostly use the centre & rear speakers for DVD movies. When it comes to CD's, DVD-Video (music) & DVD-Audio I prefer to listen using only the fronts (Nautilus 804's) & the sub. This is beginning to change somewhat (the family loves the surround).

Should I decide to upgrade as above, I'll be spending approx ZAR 37980 (US $ 6000). That's ok. The old CM2's could then go towards building a stereo system for my daughter.

This is tempting:

Shift the Nautilus 804's to the rear & get a pair of 803D's for the fronts. The centre would be an HTM2D. Total cost of speakers only would be in the region of ZAR 98980 (US $ 15650). Of course, I would then want to upgrade the amplification, the sub and also cabling to the rears & centre.

My budget is in the region of US $ 25000 but I don't want to spend on the 803D's if they are going to be too big in relation to the room size.

Any comments appreciated. Many thanks.
    Last edited by ShadowZA; 01 January 2006, 08:06 Sunday.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"