I Need a New Center(LCR6, CDM CNT, or CMC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rping
    • Jul 2006

I Need a New Center(LCR6, CDM CNT, or CMC)

Hi guys,
    I've had my B&W system for about 4 years now, but I've been home off and on for that long of a time. Now that I will be stationary for a while, I would like to start upgrading my system.

I have a CC6 s2 center, and it just doesn't cut it. I use my system mostly for TV and movies so the center channel is probably the most important speaker in the system. I've been looking for a new center speaker for a couple of months now and I am trying to decide between a few. I am looking to buy some used or demo equipment.

I'm looking at an LCR6(or 600), CMC or CDM CNT because they are all in my price range and offer better performance than the CC6.

At first the LCR6 looks enticing because it has larger mids than the CC6, although it is quite large and space may be an issue. Also, this speaker has gotten some great reviews. The CDM CNT has the same praise and space problems as the LCR.

I am currently taking a serious look at the CMC because it does not have such a big cabinet and it offers different and larger mids than the CC6. The only problem I have is that there are not many consumer reviews online like there are for the other speakers. I really like the design and size.

If anyone has some input or thought on this subject, I would greatly appreciate it. I considered looking at other brands but decided I might as well stay with B&W because I love their design and sound.
    ...any thoughts?

Thanks
    Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX
    B&W 601 S2 front
    B&W LCR6 S2 Center
    B&W 302 rear
    CVT-300s Sub
  • B&W 700 Guy
    • Jun 2006

Are you looking too upgrade your Front LEFT/RIGHT Speakers in the future? If so, what?

Comment

• rping
      • Jul 2006

I've given that some thought while considering what center I would like to get. My dream is to get a pair of 805s for the front, but more realistically I would probably get a pair of 602s3, 603s3, or 705.

Basically I would want to know if I would lose anything if I went with the CMC over the LCR6 or 600
      Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX
      B&W 601 S2 front
      B&W LCR6 S2 Center
      B&W 302 rear
      CVT-300s Sub

Comment

• Russ L
        • Jul 2006

rping- I believe the CMC has two 5.5" bass/midrange speakers whereas the LCR 60 has a 5.5" bass and a 5.5" bass/midrange. The LCR 600 has the same setup as the LCR 60 except they are6.5" . The different crossover setup should noticeably change the sound. I would go with the LCRs especially if you plan on getting the DM 602s or the 603s. The speakers would have the same timbre not to mention cabinet style. Also the curved baffle of the LCR is better for reducing unwanted resonances while the CMC has a flat face. As an aside...I would go with the DM604 if you wanted a floorstander instead of the bookshelf DM 602, the 603's cabinet is actually narrower than the 602 and I think it doesn't sound up to par. The 604's cabinet is as wide as the 602 and can handle the speakers that are put into it. IMO. Something to listen for when you audition them. -Russ
        Russ

Comment

• rping
          • Jul 2006

Hey guys,
          Thanks for all of your advice. I ended up going with an LCR6 S2 because I got a really great deal on it. Sounds great with the rest of my system and it has opened things up quite a bit.

Thanks again!!!
          Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX
          B&W 601 S2 front
          B&W LCR6 S2 Center
          B&W 302 rear
          CVT-300s Sub

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"