X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyttu
    • Aug 2007

Old CMC Center or Alternative?

Hey all,

I just purchased new pair of CM6's and have happily joined other B&W owners.

I realize that this particular model is discontinued and they are black ash in color.
    Unfortunately the new CMC does not come in black and I cannot find a dealer near me that happens to have one of the old CMCs even in that color so I can timbre match the front three channels.

Assuming I can't find an old CMC in black (if anyone has a suggestion of where to find one please let me know!), is there another B&W center speaker that will best timbre match the CM6s?

I was thinking the new 600 series HTM61/62 since they come in black, but I'm concerned they won't do a good enough job and it would be better that I bite the bullet and wait for someone trying to offload their old one.

Any thoughts/ideas?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The new HTM62 is going to be your best bet for a current model that will match up with the CM6. I think they would match up very well together.

If you wanted to wait it out and use a phantom center you may wait a long time there is no way to tell. The first place I'd look would be Audiogon. That is one of the best places to find well taken care of used gear.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"