• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Awesome setup, Eliav

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

I want those CAM400's !!!!

Everyone has different preferences in speakers, electronics, cables, etc. But ya know what we all have in common? We love to SHOW OFF our equipment! You never see anyone who tries to HIDE the amps or electronics. We're PROUD of it and we LOVE to see it!

Sorry wives!

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Very nice. Those big ass Classe amps look good. Make sure you post your pictures in the "Pictures of your B&W Set-up" thread.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Eliav,

Did you have to get longer interconnects? I thought you said that you couldn't reach the amp if it was on the floor near the left speaker?
              Danish

Comment

• stewfoo
                • Jul 2005

Wow! That looks great. 3 more days till all of my stuff arrives. woohoo!!!
                Stew

Comment

• Eliav
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by dyazdani
                  Eliav,

Did you have to get longer interconnects? I thought you said that you couldn't reach the amp if it was on the floor near the left speaker?
                  as you can see , not yet, it is stretched out to max. I am contemplating a different pre/pro with balanced connections, I will go with longer/different/better connections in the futute. Gradual improvement .... when does it stop???? :B
                  Eliav

PS: Stew ! send your pics ASAP ( Tuesday ?)
                  :T Socrat

Comment

• stewfoo
                    • Jul 2005

Absolutely, I will take some pics on Tuesday or wednesday. G is on his way.... clear out your PM box >>>> its full.
                    Your system looks awesome now man. Its great to know that youre getting everything available from those 803s... I just heard the802d and Htm1d with a classe 3200, which I have on the way.... and I was thoroughly impressed. I am sure that my 803s and Htm3s are gonna sing.
                    I will touch base with you for help with accoustical treatment once I get settled in.

By the way. This is a drunken post. So, if any of this isnt making sense.... Blame it one Mr Belvedere.
                    Stew

Comment

• Joey_V
                      • Jul 2005

DROOL.... those Classe monos are sooo nice!
                      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Thanks for sharing Eliav, looks great!

Stewfoo, make sure your PM box is clear when my time comes. I'm may need to hit you up for some tips too.

Soon all three of us will have 803S's that sing. :B
                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                          Gradual improvement .... when does it stop???? :B
                          When the spacetime continuum collapses! :rofl:
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Eliav
                            • Jul 2005

Thank you guys for your complements.
                            I have a question, anyone has ANY experience with cable isolators, I have read some threads indicating "'significant sonic improvenment" when speaker cabels and interconnectios were lifted off the floor and supported with isolators.

Thanks

BTW STEW my mail box has been cleared

Eliav

Comment

• PavelL
                              • Sep 2005

WOW! Awesome amps! I don't see any speaker cables. Did you hide them under the carpet or are you using long sp. runs? Shorter speaker cables always sound better...In addition to no crosstalk between channels one of the advantages of monoblocks is that you can always place them adjacent to the speakers and make cable runs MINIMAL.... Again congrats on the new toy :W

Comment

• dortiz
                                • Mar 2005

That is awesome. My life changed when I got those amps.

What room treatments are you using?

Comment

• Eliav
                                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by PavelL
                                  WOW! Awesome amps! I don't see any speaker cables. Did you hide them under the carpet or are you using long sp. runs? Shorter speaker cables always sound better...In addition to no crosstalk between channels one of the advantages of monoblocks is that you can always place them adjacent to the speakers and make cable runs MINIMAL.... Again congrats on the new toy :W
                                  PavelL :
                                  The cables are actually pretty long as I am planning on an upgrade which should be shorter and hopefully better. As of now, I created a large loop around the rack, the TV etc. I lifted them of the carpet and supported them with sphere shaped candels.....I could have cut them short but decided to trade them as they are when time comes..
                                  Doritz : I did treat my room as the photos shows (= front wall and front corners), actually I treated all the walls and the ceiling. I did the job myself after reading and consulting with friends. I placed acoustic traps made of rigid fiberglass tiles, Thick and big onse for lower frequencies (corners) and thinner ones for mid and higher frequencies ( 1st and 2nd deflection spots, and rear and front walls). I covered the ceilings with irregular shaped synthetic foam. as simple and primitive as it may look It was THE most meaningful upgrade I have experienced so far. Highly recommended !
                                  Cheers
                                  Eliav

Comment

• dyazdani
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                                    Thank you guys for your complements.
                                    I have a question, anyone has ANY experience with cable isolators, I have read some threads indicating "'significant sonic improvenment" when speaker cabels and interconnectios were lifted off the floor and supported with isolators.
                                    Yes, I've used "homemade" cable lifters in the past. I felt like they did make an improvement, though a slight one.

I wouldn't spend the money on the commercial ceramic cable lifters. You can get the same thing from an electrical supply house or make them out of PVC, etc.
                                    Danish

Comment

• Eliav
                                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by dyazdani
                                      Yes, I've used "homemade" cable lifters in the past. I felt like they did make an improvement, though a slight one.

I wouldn't spend the money on the commercial ceramic cable lifters. You can get the same thing from an electrical supply house or make them out of PVC, etc.
                                      Danish, Thanks, I was amazed when an online site wanted ~ 140$ for a set of 8 medium size isolators,ridiculous. this is why I ended up improvizing.Honestly, I hear no difference with the cables up or on the rug.
                                      Eliav

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"