X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

SSP-800 Setup assistance

It seems there are some people having issues with getting the SSP-800 setup. It seems to me that we should create a category so people can find information easily instead of letting it get burried with other conversations.

Tip 1: Setup your first input to receive an audible signal before setting speaker levels (calibration). I'd recommend setting up your cable/Sat signal first and let the audio play through the system. Test tones will not be produced without audio actively playing on the system at the time.

Tip 2: Once you set the sub level to 75 dB using the internal test tone, it is recommended that you fine tune the level by ear using music / movies that you are familiar with. And don't be surprised if you have to adjust the level up or down as much as 10 dB. This only applies to the sub channel. Setting the main channel levels can be done reliably with the internal test tones and an SPL meter.

This isn't a problem with the SSP-800 per-se, it has to do with the large variations in in-room bass response and the "shape" of the test tone output by the SSP. Experiment with the test tones available on a number of THX DVDs (Finding Nemo, Star Wars, etc).

Tip 3: Whenever you make changes to the settings in the SSP, put the unit into standby and then take it out. This appears to be the only way to preserve your settings. If power goes out, or you turn it off by using the switch on the back without putting the unit into standby first, you will lose all your hard work.

Tip 4: The Service Menu - To get to the Service Menu (to see hours on your unit) hit the Menu Key, then on the remote press F1, F2, F3, F4. You can backup your config to the local unit, restore it, and reset to factory defaults. Not familiar with what everything else does.

Tip 5: In the Menu, become friendly with the Status button. It will tell you information about what the SSP is receiving as far as Video signal (1080p/i, 720p, etc) as well as audio (multi-channel, stereo, 44.1, etc.). When the SSP seems to be misbehaving, check the signal it is receiving to understand what is causing the issue. This is the first place to troubleshoot. Often, I will find that the source player is configured wrong, and the SSP is merely passing through what it is receiving.

Tip 6: On every input, define a "Fav. Processing" for both Stereo and Mutli-Channel. To get to this press: Menu -> System Setup -> Input -> change to desired input -> Audio -> fav. processing -> then stereo or multi-channel.

Tip 7: ALWAYS ASSIGN A CONFIGURATION TO AN INPUT. If you do not assign a configuration to an input, you will get the last configuration you used. For example. I have 2 configs. A Multi-Channel Configu and a 2 Ch. Config. CD Playback is set to 2channel config and everything else is mutli-. If I didn't have a configuration setup on the CD input and I switched from watching a movie to the CD Input, the same configuration would follow and music would be crossed over and sent through all the speakers potentially.

Tip 8: Assign a Max Volume. ( I will include instructions on how to do this when I get home and can verify). This will prevent you from accidentally turning the system up too loud and potentially damaging equipment or your ears.

Tip 9: Use Profiles to setup a custom menu. This can be used to group often used commands into an easily accessible menu. This can be a time saver because some commands are be buried several levels deep in the menu system. In order to setup a profile, go to Menu --> System Setup --> Profiles. From there, you can name the profile, and select up to 6 commands to appear on the profile menu. Once setup, your custom Profile menu will appear as an addition button on the "Home" menu. You can also quickly access the Profile menu by pressing the Profile button on the remote. Pressing that button causes the Profile menu to display on the TV.

Tip 10: If you are using 2 subs, the first sub goes in the Sub port, the second sub goes in Aux 2. The distance setting will say Aux 1, but 'levels' actually manipulates Aux2. I will report this to Classe. It is working properly now though.

Tip 11: When doing an update, audit your settings. I didn't realize it, but when I did my update, my inputs lost their Configuration setting.

Tip 12: To use an external headphone amp: "You should set up the configuration for your head phone amp by pressing: MENU/ SYSTEM SET UP / CONFIGURATION (select the desired configuration from 1 - 6) / SPEAKERS / AUX CHANNELS / DOWNMIX VARIABLE This will allow you to control the headphone volume using the SSP-800. If your headphone amp has a built in volume control you should set the aux channels to DOWNMIX FIXED which will feed line level into your headphones. PLEASE NOTE THAT LINE LEVEL IS VERY LOUD AND YOU SHOULD REDUCE THE VOLUME ON YOUR HEADPHONES TO THE MINIMUM LEVEL WHEN FIRST LISTENING If you are using multiple configurations and want to use the headphone amp with all of them, you should repeat this process with all your configurations. If you are using a single configuration, you should ensure that this configuration is applied to every input that you want to listen to. To do this press: MENU / SYSTEM SET UP/ INPUT (if necessary advance to the correct input by pressing NEXT INPUT)/ CONFIGURATION and then select the correct configuration."
    Last edited by sikoniko; 10 December 2009, 09:32 Thursday.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

sikoniko,

Great idea and very helpful! :T

Neil

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

I go recieve my SSP800 in the next days..

Great idea sikoniko :T so your PM will not be always full....

wow a second job make the assistant ssp800 :B

Omar

Comment

• SwainDtV
        • Sep 2008

My tip - Max Volume

Personally I don't like the behavior of volume up and down buttons on the remote. Using the normal setting, volume increase from 40 (my start volume) to 50-60 is very slow. Next increase is very fast. The slow and fast settings are even more challenging. A couple of times volume excelled to 100. Ouch that was too much for my ears. So my tip is to set a max volume setting. Mine is 80.

Ab

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

Profiles for Source Menu

Overall, I really like the user interface of the SSP-800.

I've just got one issue - the source menu (the menu used to select which input you want to view/listen to) will not display on the TV. This makes selecting the source a little difficult with the 2 main ways to choose the source out of the box. First, the remote has input select up and down buttons, which can be used move sequentially through your sources. However, if you're on input 1 and you want to go to input 8, this can be cumbersome. The other method is to choose the source menu from the Home menu. But as I previously mentioned, this menu doesn't display on the TV, which means I have to squint at the little screen on the 800 to choose the source I want.

The solution I've found is to setup one of my Profiles to show the 6 inputs I use the most, and the profiles menu will display on the TV. This makes choosing the source I want much easier.

I'm not sure if anybody else is annoyed at the source menu not showing on the TV, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the issue.

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by garak
            Overall, I really like the user interface of the SSP-800.

I've just got one issue - the source menu (the menu used to select which input you want to view/listen to) will not display on the TV. This makes selecting the source a little difficult with the 2 main ways to choose the source out of the box. First, the remote has input select up and down buttons, which can be used move sequentially through your sources. However, if you're on input 1 and you want to go to input 8, this can be cumbersome. The other method is to choose the source menu from the Home menu. But as I previously mentioned, this menu doesn't display on the TV, which means I have to squint at the little screen on the 800 to choose the source I want.

The solution I've found is to setup one of my Profiles to show the 6 inputs I use the most, and the profiles menu will display on the TV. This makes choosing the source I want much easier.

I'm not sure if anybody else is annoyed at the source menu not showing on the TV, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the issue.
            I don't use the classe remote so I've never been faced with this. summarize this so anyone can understand the challenge and how to set it up and I will put it on the list.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

• garak
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
              I don't use the classe remote so I've never been faced with this. summarize this so anyone can understand the challenge and how to set it up and I will put it on the list.

Thanks for the input!
              My suggestion was basically the following:

Use Profiles to setup a custom menu. This can be used to group often used commands into an easily accessible menu. This can be a time saver because some commands are be buried several levels deep in the menu system.

In order to setup a profile, go to Menu --> System Setup --> Profiles. From there, you can name the profile, and select up to 6 commands to appear on the profile menu.

In my case, I was annoyed that the source menu would not display on the TV, so I setup a profile to show my 6 most often used sources (which will display on the TV).

Once setup, your custom Profile menu will appear as an addition button on the "Home" menu. You can also quickly access the Profile menu by pressing the Profile button on the remote. Pressing that button causes the Profile menu to display on the TV.

Sorry I think the summary you asked for is longer than my original post. ops:

Comment

• Gump
                • Sep 2005

Home Acoustics Alliance

This is a site that was recommended to me to find an acoustician to calibrate the SSP-800's parametric EQ. Haven't checked it out yet.

Has anyone tinkered with their 800's EQ yet, and if so what were the results?

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Gump
                  Home Acoustics Alliance

This is a site that was recommended to me to find an acoustician to calibrate the SSP-800's parametric EQ. Haven't checked it out yet.

I don't have my SSP-800 yet, but at a minimum, can't you just set the distance to each speaker. I would imagine this would be better than nothing?

Comment

• merlinus
                    • Feb 2008

You can set speaker distances and sizes in a configuration, and then assign it to one or more inputs.
                    merlin

Comment

• Gump
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                      I don't have my SSP-800 yet, but at a minimum, can't you just set the distance to each speaker. I would imagine this would be better than nothing?
                      Sure, you can set the distance, levels, size/crossover, enable the sub, use e-bass which duplicates the bass to the sub and also to your full range speakers, etc....and, with 6 configurations to set up with 20 inputs (if you so desire) you can play to your hearts content with a gazillion variations and switch back and forth to hear which one sounds best to you----then you can assign them each their own name like "SONIC BOOM 1" or "THUNDER ZONE 2" or "BUMBLEBEE'S BUZZ"-----HA! Whatever makes your teapot whistle!

Playing with the numerous different settings and configuration combo's is one of the entertaining features of the 800. I don't have an SPL meter so I'm just playing it by ear and it sounds good. However, the 800 is a precision instrument and I have to believe that if it was properly calibrated with professional equipment it would bring out its' absolute best. As you peruse the CLASSE owner's manual you'll notice that sprinkled throughout they strongly recommend having it professionally set-up and calibrated.

Who am I to argue with the Wizards at CLASSE?

I was just curious if anyone had been brave enough yet to play with the EQ...that's all .

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Gump
                        Sure, you can set the distance, levels, size/crossover, enable the sub, use e-bass which duplicates the bass to the sub and also to your full range speakers, etc....and, with 6 configurations to set up with 20 inputs (if you so desire) you can play to your hearts content with a gazillion variations and switch back and forth to hear which one sounds best to you----then you can assign them each their own name like "SONIC BOOM 1" or "THUNDER ZONE 2" or "BUMBLEBEE'S BUZZ"-----HA! Whatever makes your teapot whistle!

Playing with the numerous different settings and configuration combo's is one of the entertaining features of the 800. I don't have an SPL meter so I'm just playing it by ear and it sounds good. However, the 800 is a precision instrument and I have to believe that if it was properly calibrated with professional equipment it would bring out its' absolute best. As you peruse the CLASSE owner's manual you'll notice that sprinkled throughout they strongly recommend having it professionally set-up and calibrated.

Who am I to argue with the Wizards at CLASSE?

I was just curious if anyone had been brave enough yet to play with the EQ...that's all .
                        I'll have to download the owner's manual and go through it a couple of times before setting up my unit.

I love playing with these types of adjustments, as it brings back the kid in me. I'll no doubt fiddle with it a lot until I figure out that I'm probably doing more harm than good, and then also seek out a pro to clean up my mess!

I just hope I can find someone qualified that charges less than the $195 per hour plus service charge to come to the house, like the local Classe dealer does! :E

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Classé SSP-800 & Sony SCD-XA5400ES

We would greatly appreciate if one of the lucky owner of Classé SSP-800 would try the new SACD Sony SCD-XA5400ES with HDMi and let us know how it sound in multichannel.;x(

When is Classé going to deliver on their promises and bring the new upgrade with new codecs for the SSP-800??
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Ssp800

Simple.
                            As the new codes will not change from month to month, when the market will be stable
                            at that time Classè comes with upgrades final :T :T

However it is not your problem, your Integra works fine right?

Omar

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

@sikoniko,

always for the cdt300 and the SSP800.

If you talk with official Classe/B&W dealer you can have all the explanations
                              why the CDT300 is more than adequate for SSP800.
                              CDP300 wants to buy just throw money if you use it with the SSP800.
                              in SSP800's everything you need to have a super player video and audio.
                              because my word is not worth anything to ask Class / B & W

Speaks with an expert and you will see what is the most logical choice between cdt300 and cdp300 (with the SSP800)

Style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                                We would greatly appreciate if one of the lucky owner of Classé SSP-800 would try the new SACD Sony SCD-XA5400ES with HDMi and let us know how it sound in multichannel.;x(

When is Classé going to deliver on their promises and bring the new upgrade with new codecs for the SSP-800??
                                Once the manual is available I'll have to see if that player will convert the DSD to PCM on the HDMI output. If it doesn't, it won't work. The SSP-800 doesn't have direct DSD decoding. From what is stated on Sony's dealer site in the bullet points, it only does DSD and not PCM. We'll see soon for sure.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                                  Once the manual is available I'll have to see if that player will convert the DSD to PCM on the HDMI output. If it doesn't, it won't work. The SSP-800 doesn't have direct DSD decoding. From what is stated on Sony's dealer site in the bullet points, it only does DSD and not PCM. We'll see soon for sure. Eric
                                  Thank you Eric, I checked Sony esupport web site still has no manual, on the other hand you can buy the Sony SCD-XA5400ES already for a discount at $1199 instead of $1499
                                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hallo,

I have placed my SSP800 with the CA5200.
                                    (new software for the SSP800 installed (vers. 1.0.3? or so like that what do you have?)

For a person with a upgrade from a Rotel rsp1068 to SSP800 is not so easy/simple to make a great setup....

B&W have all that was needed for an initial setup was

You have used the EQ. 5 levels to change + or - DB. for L / C / R / SR?
                                    the frequency? (ex. 101hz. standard...more hz. = more LF...what you make
                                    or have in your personal setup?)

for the bluray/HD/normal DVD I have all via hdmi and Discrete on the setup.
                                    B&W say me that is the better solution...
                                    You have another setting??

--------------------------

THE NEW CODEC COMING IN EUROPA END FEBRUARY = in USA they are available and installed at month JANNUARY

Word of B & W / Classe :T

thanks for reponse.

Style

Comment

• merlinus
                                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by style
                                      You have used the EQ. 5 levels to change + or - DB. for L / C / R / SR?
                                      the frequency? (ex. 101hz. standard...more hz. = more LF...what you make
                                      or have in your personal setup?)

for the bluray/HD/normal DVD I have all via hdmi and Discrete on the setup.
                                      B&W say me that is the better solution...
                                      You have another setting??
                                      I have the same settings as you for my Blu-ray/DVD player. Works great!

I have set all speakers large and crossover to 60Hz. I added .5 db for my center speaker so I could hear dialogue better.

Enjoy!!!
                                      merlin

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

Hallo merlinus,

I have tested to a 0db center / +3db L/R and + 4db for the rear.

I make more test for the db....well my HTM2D for dialogue with 0bdis enough and I like have the L&R a little more strongest.....but with action movie the center need more db. for hear better the dialoge...

I'm like a child at Christmas :T

You have set a extra sub?

you have too the page of the setup on the plasma when Iyu go make a changing? (color from display blue? or? /green, gey, red are not colors for Classe :W ) well?

style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                                          Thank you Eric, I checked Sony esupport web site still has no manual, on the other hand you can buy the Sony SCD-XA5400ES already for a discount at $1199 instead of $1499
                                          Just an FYI. If you found it on line for that then the dealer is not authorized. Every ES product is not allowed to be advertised below retail (what they sell for is a different matter since that can't be dictated by a manufacturer). If it advertised for less, then they are not authorized to sell it.

Eric

Comment

• beden1
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2006

Just an FYI. If you found it on line for that then the dealer is not authorized. Every ES product is not allowed to be advertised below retail (what they sell for is a different matter since that can't be dictated by a manufacturer). If it advertised for less, then they are not authorized to sell it.

Eric
                                            Most, if not all of the ES line that is discounted, is for products that are refurbished.

Comment

• merlinus
                                              • Feb 2008

Hallo merlinus,

I have tested to a 0db center / +3db L/R and + 4db for the rear.

I make more test for the db....well my HTM2D for dialogue with 0bdis enough and I like have the L&R a little more strongest.....but with action movie the center need more db. for hear better the dialoge...

I'm like a child at Christmas :T

You have set a extra sub?

you have too the page of the setup on the plasma when Iyu go make a changing? (color from display blue? or? /green, gey, red are not colors for Classe :W ) well?

style
                                              I have set the distances for the various speakers, so the sound levels seem to be perfect at 0db (no increase or decrease), except for the additional half-decibel for center.

I only have one sub, and activated e-bass and 60 Hz crossover.

I left the blue color for the menus. Good enough for me!

I also set the display timeout to 3 seconds. I change it to 30 seconds when I am reprogramming so the menu stays on, and then back again when finished.
                                              merlin

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Just an FYI. If you found it on line for that then the dealer is not authorized. Every ES product is not allowed to be advertised below retail (what they sell for is a different matter since that can't be dictated by a manufacturer). If it advertised for less, then they are not authorized to sell it. Eric
                                                Well I usually by my Sony ES from an authorized dealer and still get 20% off

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

I have set the distances for the various speakers, so the sound levels seem to be perfect at 0db (no increase or decrease), except for the additional half-decibel for center.

I only have one sub, and activated e-bass and 60 Hz crossover.

I left the blue color for the menus. Good enough for me!

I also set the display timeout to 3 seconds. I change it to 30 seconds when I am reprogramming so the menu stays on, and then back again when finished
                                                  I have maked so test with +db in L&R and Rear but with the default 0 db work great. that right.
                                                  I have too one sub-mono like you and I go with a rca...make no sense with cable xlr-rca is the like rca-rca is only mono sub. (B&W750)
                                                  If I go change the sub with a sub that included the XLR input I go change the cable...(personaly with my 803D the sub is really not so necessary...)
                                                  Menu in blue medium. right!

what for software do you have?
                                                  (I have a 1.1.7 ?, i think is the new soft-version...)

How do you make to see how much time have the SSP800?

style

Comment

• merlinus
                                                    • Feb 2008

latest software version

I just checked at the Classé website, and this is the latest software for the SSP-800 --

ssp800_Release_V1.0.0_0033.pkg
                                                    Size: 6.81M
                                                    Date Last Modified: 8/29/2008 10:59:48 AM

However, I have been informed that there will be an update soon to resolve some problems, including mode selection and availability.
                                                    merlin

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by merlinus
                                                      I just checked at the Classé website, and this is the latest software for the SSP-800 --

ssp800_Release_V1.0.0_0033.pkg
                                                      Size: 6.81M
                                                      Date Last Modified: 8/29/2008 10:59:48 AM

However, I have been informed that there will be an update soon to resolve some problems, including mode selection and availability.
                                                      My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that their Classe Rep was coming in that week to update their SSP-800s with a new software version. Omar's version may be the one he was referring to. It also supposedly fixed some of the HDMI problems people were having.

Comment

• merlinus
                                                        • Feb 2008

How do you make to see how much time have the SSP800?
                                                        You need to enter the service menu and that can only be accomplished with the Classé remote. Press menu followed by f1 > f2 > f3 > f4 to bring up the service menu. From there you can select the time button to see the number of hours logged.
                                                        merlin

Comment

• style
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Feb 2006

My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that their Classe Rep was coming in that week to update their SSP-800s with a new software version. Omar's version may be the one he was referring to. It also supposedly fixed some of the HDMI problems people were having.
                                                          Beden is just that. :T

Mr. B & W When he came to my house told me own this ...

He say me: "Omar I have put the latest version of software just exit ..."

--------------------------

Merlinus you have changed with the EQ. 5 level the default setup?
                                                          (possibility: 1° DB. - 2° level in nr. default 3 and 3° the Frequency 101hz. default?) ??

I have maked a "test" configuration with other frequency,.... and then you muss push EQ. aktive or so like that for make work this changing OR??

Style

Comment

• merlinus
                                                            • Feb 2008

Merlinus you have changed with the EQ. 5 level the default setup?
                                                            (possibility: 1° DB. - 2° level in nr. default 3 and 3° the Frequency 101hz. default?) ??

I have maked a "test" configuration with other frequency,.... and then you muss push EQ. aktive or so like that for make work this changing OR??
                                                            I use configurations to set up speaker sizes, distances, and levels. I have not used the EQ feature.
                                                            merlin

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

@Gump
                                                              Home Acoustics Alliance

I have maked test with the SSP800 parametric EQ.....
                                                              With the frequency fron 1 to 5 you have as default 101hz. -> with more /high hz. the LF work more....and from -5db. you can go to o or max. +3db., the option 2 is default 3.....

I have maked a chain from Eq.1 - from 101 to 141hz. / from 3 to 7 / from -5db. to 0db. and every another eq. level 2,3,4,5 each a little more.
                                                              well find the great and super solution/setting in not easy but The speaker sound very different / I have the 803D and I'm very suroprised from what they can.

Gump you have "played" with the EQ.????
                                                              please reply.
                                                              Style

Comment

• Gump
                                                                • Sep 2005

Gump you have "played" with the EQ.????
                                                                please reply.
                                                                Style
                                                                Nope, not yet, Omar. But my trigger finger's getting itchy to try it out.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he just got his demo SSP-800 and was going to set it up and try out the EQ. Said he'd let me know how it went and give me his suggestions. He encouraged me to not be afraid to try it out and experiment with it by ear. He said the worst that could happen would be that it wouldn't sound right and I'd have to re-set the factory default on it. :E

I'm also going to give RebelMan a call in the next day or two and see if he has tuned his EQ and, if so, what his suggestions are as well.

I'll keep you posted.

Neil

Comment

• style
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Feb 2006

Hey Neil,

Go with with the EQ. :T :T
                                                                  dont be afraid, try the test ... as you said your dealer you can return to default ... is not complicated!
                                                                  we have a pre / pro with exceptional potential because they use them?

My 803D with SSP800 sing, not play ..
                                                                  (before I have in my head the 802d now I have forget the idea to change the speakers mains...) --> with the 800 the speakers work at the best possibility..

The possibilities are 3: (for 5 level/channel)
                                                                  1: db. (default-5DB.)
                                                                  2: a number of entry into work settings (default 3)
                                                                  3: The frequency. (default 101hz.)
                                                                  the higher the frequency hz. 200Hz example. work more LF
                                                                  and the opposite 50hz. HF work more!)

find the top setting will be not easy but if you dont try....

With the MENU button + F1/F2/F3/F4 on the screen can choose "save on a temporary settings" (or so like that...)
                                                                  do this.
                                                                  after playing with the EQ. -> Listening tests.

if you're not happy make again MENU + F1/F2/F3/F4 the request and the default settings that you had before taking the tests with the EQ. = Much faster to bring all the SSP800 a default and rescheduling everything!

I hope you understand what Is my idea and iter to work ....

You will be happy :T :T

greetings Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2008

HELP HELP HELP
                                                                    I just bought the SSP-800 and I have a serious problem! I connect Samsung BDP-2500 with HDMI 1.3b and same connection to TV full HD, but I don't have signal to my SSP... I have a grey pannel... The BD connected with the TV it's ok,but via SSP nothing!!!

Comment

• style
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Hallo planitismetal,

well the smsung with a hdmi to the ssp inout hdmi (input 1,2,3 or 4?)
                                                                      --> the hdmi output from the ssp to theplasma??
                                                                      is right so?

style

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2008

Merry Christmas style
                                                                        Yes, exactly... I have choose the inputs, but the preview of the ssp is grey... And no signal to TV...

Comment

• style
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                          • 1562

Merry Christmas an you too. :W

you have all the HDMI input in the ssp800 in use?

if yes try with another HDMI input fron the ssp800...and the audio from the ssp is set to hdmi(audio9 or coax ? try with the 2 solution...

style

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2008
                                                                            • 212

I have already done this thing... With component connection, I can see preview... I checked also the two HDMI cables, and they work, but not with the ssp...

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Dec 2008
                                                                              • 212

#39
                                                                              I have a Samsung BDP-2500 player, and I have connect it with SSP-800 via HDMI 1.3b (Van Den Hul ultimate HDMI) in HDMI input 2... And from SSP-800 HDMI output to Philips AUREA 42PFL9900D (full HD) HDMI input with Van Den Hul ultimate HDMI... BUT there is no signal to SSP-800, I cannot video preview (there is a grey pannel)!!! I have selected video and audio HDMI in the system->input->connections but nothing...
                                                                              Can anybody help me??? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

• style
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 1562

#40
                                                                                how much hdmi do you use from the ssp??
                                                                                Classe have problems with same units in the hdmi4...

you say that with hdmi the plasma without ssp with problems..

the samsung set is correct?

all OFF new connection ON.

if with hdmi audio and hdmi 1,2,3,4??? dont work is raelly strange.
                                                                                In the setup from the ssp800 what do you have for the hdmi output? is nothere the problem??

check your setup.

style

Comment

• style
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2006
                                                                                  • 1562

#41
                                                                                  ssp800 hdmi input 2....you say prewiev grey but plasma or the ssp dysplay???

if the ssp800 is with the input hdmi 2, ceck inthe ssp the setu from the sourge from the samsung and go see what you have in the output video from the ssp800/samsung sourge.....

i dont make the correct "job"..

style

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2006
                                                                                    • 3389

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by planitismetal
                                                                                    I have a Samsung BDP-2500 player, and I have connect it with SSP-800 via HDMI 1.3b (Van Den Hul ultimate HDMI) in HDMI input 2... And from SSP-800 HDMI output to Philips AUREA 42PFL9900D (full HD) HDMI input with Van Den Hul ultimate HDMI... BUT there is no signal to SSP-800, I cannot video preview (there is a grey pannel)!!! I have selected video and audio HDMI in the system->input->connections but nothing...
                                                                                    Can anybody help me???
                                                                                    Sorry to hear about your problems try Classé directly

Comment

• style
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2006
                                                                                      • 1562

#43
                                                                                      merci wettou,

for christmans the B&W/Classe are sure open for YOU.

and this is a forum for give a help or to make what???

style

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Aug 2003
                                                                                        • 2299

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by planitismetal
                                                                                        HELP HELP HELP
                                                                                        I just bought the SSP-800 and I have a serious problem! I connect Samsung BDP-2500 with HDMI 1.3b and same connection to TV full HD, but I don't have signal to my SSP... I have a grey pannel... The BD connected with the TV it's ok,but via SSP nothing!!!

Welcome to the club!

I'm not in front of my system right now, so I'm going off of memory. I have to work all day today, so perhaps someone can give more detail off of what I am trying to describe.

The SSP by default does not select HDMI. You need to go into your input and select the HDMI input under video. I believe you also need to set the video output, but I could be wrong. I'll look at it tonight for you to verify you have it setup properly.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Dec 2008
                                                                                          • 212

#45
                                                                                          OK... Everything is ok!!! I "studied" the begining post from sikoniko from this thread, I studied the manual of the SSP-800, and I powered off at least 15 times the SSP-800 until I reachto the PARADISE!!! MANY THANKS TO EVERYBODY!!! THANK YOU sikoniko, THANK YOU style...!!!!! ;x(

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"