• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

@planitismetal,

where was the "problem"?

eheh you have the setup not in the correct modus well??

style

Comment

• planitismetal
      • Dec 2008

No style, I had to make a configuration for cinema, and after every step, I had to power off the SSP to preserve the changes!!! For beginning with the HDMI I had to power off, something that I didn't know...
      Conclusion: Without configuration, you will not have sound, and for every change, you have to standby and then to power off the SSP-800!!!

Without work, you cannot enjoy paradise!!!!!!!

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Classé SSP-800 and Trinnov?
        Last edited by wettou; 29 December 2008, 02:01 Monday.
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• planitismetal
          • Dec 2008

The only thing I can say, is that this afternoon I had the greatest experience of the last 20 years... Pink Floyd - Pulse dvd in 5.1 surround... THANK YOU Classe, THANK YOU B&W, THANK YOU sikoniko, THANK YOU style, THANK YOU TILEOPTIKI SARAVELOS S.A FOR THIS EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hallo planitismetal,

You listen in multichannel (L&R -> CA2200) and use the Rotel for the rear?

Are you happy with the cdp202?

Style

Comment

• planitismetal
              • Dec 2008

I am very happy for CDP-202... All this system now is very very good... I would like B&W 800
              but I don't have so big house, but someday somewhere... The SSP-800 is too complicate to setup but CDP-202 and CA-2200 is everything!!! Fantastic details, big stage, sweet midrange...

And yes, the rotel I use it for center and rear speakers!!!

I listen only stereo, but when I have a live in dvd or bluray, I like surround!!

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

@wettou

you are a man?? if so is write waht you think... not pull the stone and then pull back the hand.

We can "speak" Mr.Lex / of this forum can be useful if is needed...

For once (1) in your life, take responsibility

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Classé SSP-800
                  Last edited by wettou; 29 December 2008, 02:00 Monday.
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

edit
                    Last edited by style; 29 December 2008, 08:36 Monday.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

updated 2 more tips.
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Hi Sikoniko,

You have too a toshiba (HD disc - i have hded1, europa modell),
                        with the ssp800 what do you use for listen music as setup? (if you listen music whit it :W )

i have payed a fortune my player ($. 1100.-) ok, HD movie are great, better vs. BD, pictures as never...(on my Kuro)...
                        but for music (or better concert live) all PCM well?

Is really strange - player out-production - but always new firmwayre available!!

Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                          • Dec 2008

Hello again to everybody...

I have another question: Can I connect to SSP-800 a headphone amplifier?
                          And if yes, how?? Using AUX1-AUX2? I am interesting about Musical Fidelity X-CANv8...
                          Or I have to connect CDP-202 directly with the single-ended outputs??

THANKS

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by style
                            Hi Sikoniko,

You have too a toshiba (HD disc - i have hded1, europa modell),
                            with the ssp800 what do you use for listen music as setup? (if you listen music whit it :W )

i have payed a fortune my player ($. 1100.-) ok, HD movie are great, better vs. BD, pictures as never...(on my Kuro)...
                            but for music (or better concert live) all PCM well?

Is really strange - player out-production - but always new firmwayre available!!

Style

I have 2 HDDVD players. An XA2 and a HD35, neither of which have I used for 2ch playback. sorry. Can't comment. The XA2, which is what people thought of as a good player is in my bedroom now, and would be too much work to put into the rack to see if it is adequate. I'm very happy with my Sonos.

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                              Hello again to everybody... I have another question: Can I connect to SSP-800 a headphone amplifier? And if yes, how?? Using AUX1-AUX2?
                              Yes, yes.

Unfortunately here is an other omission from Classé?? It's to complicated to put a headphone plug?

Comment

• planitismetal
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                                Yes, yes.

Unfortunately here is an other omission from Classé?? It's to complicated to put a headphone plug?

What kind of pre are you using?
                                I think that it wouldn't be very nice to have a hole in the middle of this magnificent front panel...

When you say "yes, yes" do you mean:
                                white (AUX1) and red (AUX2) from pre to white and red of the headamp?
                                I am new in high end ops:

Comment

• planitismetal
                                  • Dec 2008

I have to give congratulations to CLASSE for the instant emailing regarding problems or questions!!! BRAVO Tom... Great job CLASSE!!!

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

So am I but this is more like the medium HiFi HighEnd is Goldmund and stuff...

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

I updated the first post with a new tip. I went to my dealer the other day to help them get their SSP-800 setup. I couldn't figure out why test tones wouldn't play. Then I turned on a CD and it worked. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure this out.

Hopefully this will help others from getting frustrated like I was.

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

What kind of pre are you using?
                                        I think that it wouldn't be very nice to have a hole in the middle of this magnificent front panel...

A seven year old Integra Research RDC-7 I was waiting for HDMi 1.3 and new codecs

I mean: white (AUX1) and red (AUX2) from pre to white and red of the headamp

Comment

• style
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2006

Hi planitismetal,

to be sure make a mail at Classe or your Delaer...the SSP is yours if go have problems they stay to you. :cry:
                                          style

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Classé customer service has no comparison in trying to make their customers happy. They cherish their customers unlike Sony, Denon and mass market who are just selling boxes?

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

uhmm,

I had a Denon3930 now the Hdmi go only video and for audiois dead....

response from Denon? "we dont now...please try to send the unit to the Adress from "repair piece" (100km. fron Denon Mainhome) is possible that we can make do something.... 8O 8O )

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Ok here is my primary reason not to spend anymore than a couple hundred dollars on equipment from Denon, Sony, Panasonic, especially if it has any moving parts....... But even AV processor or amps

Their customer service are the worst, the people who answer the phones when they answer it, read from a script and put you on hold until the cows come home. They have no clue about their products and even less about the technology.

I get better customer service from Sears :E

Even so Classé SSP-800 might not have all the bells and whistles at least they have competent customer service engineers. I guess for me that is worth the premium, now if only I could make time move a few month faster :lol: but patience, patience is a virtue

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                  • Dec 2008

Ok here is my primary reason not to spend anymore than a couple hundred dollars on equipment from Denon, Sony, Panasonic, especially if it has any moving parts....... But even AV processor or amps

Their customer service are the worst, the people who answer the phones when they answer it, read from a script and put you on hold until the cows come home. They have no clue about their products and even less about the technology.

Even so Classé SSP-800 might not have all the bells and whistles at least they have competent customer service engineers. I guess for me that is worth the premium, now if only I could make time move a few month faster :lol: but patience, patience is a virtue

Welcome to the club wettou
                                                  :rofl: My first cdplayer was a Sony discman in 1992... First year everything was great!! 1 WEEK, yes, ONE WEEK after the guarantie's expiration date, my player couldn't read some cd's, (Pet Shop Boys-Best Of was the first)... After my communication with SONY, they advised me to buy one other because I had to spend much more to fix the problem...So, I found out that playing in a 45 degress angle, the problem were dissapeard... SHOW MUST GO ON...From 1993, when I hearing the 4 letters S-O-N-Y together, I ;zx :frypan:

For this reason CLASSE is a high end company... Is not only the value of the gear, is the whole thing!!!

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                    • Aug 2008

You make an excellent point. The service from Classe is top notch, and something I had taken for granted. Thanks for the eye opener. I didn't get this level of service from Lexicon and that processor was $14K.

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                      • Apr 2009

Hi All, since today I have the SSP-800 too, but a problem with HDMI (too?)

I have Lexicon RT-20 Connected via HDMI to the SSP-800; there is Video but the SSP-800 doesnt receive Audio.

I have a digital tv decoder attached to the SSP as well; No Audio, No Video (HDMI connected)

I have a PS3 attached to the SSP as well; No Audio, No Video (HDMI connected)

What can I do? I had no such problem with my Lexicon MC-12 HD

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by LexiconLogan
                                                        Hi All, since today I have the SSP-800 too, but a problem with HDMI (too?)

I have Lexicon RT-20 Connected via HDMI to the SSP-800; there is Video but the SSP-800 doesnt receive Audio.

I have a digital tv decoder attached to the SSP as well; No Audio, No Video (HDMI connected)

I have a PS3 attached to the SSP as well; No Audio, No Video (HDMI connected)

What can I do? I had no such problem with my Lexicon MC-12 HD

on your input, do the following:

Menu -> System Setup -> Input -> Select your input -> video -> HDMI (x) -> back -> audio -> connector -> HDMI audio.

You should now get audio. Let us know if you have any other questions and welcome to the club! :T

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                                          on your input, do the following:

Menu -> System Setup -> Input -> Select your input -> video -> HDMI (x) -> back -> audio -> connector -> HDMI audio.

You should now get audio. Let us know if you have any other questions and welcome to the club! :T
                                                          Thanks, I had done that already but no result. Should I power it off? Thank you in advance?

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                            • Apr 2009

I just found out that it has firmware 1.0.0. installed. I will upgrade it, maybe this will fix the problem.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Aug 2003

I just found out that it has firmware 1.0.0. installed. I will upgrade it, maybe this will fix the problem.
                                                              I don't think that has anything to do with it, but you'll want to update it anyways.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Aug 2003

Thanks, I had done that already but no result. Should I power it off? Thank you in advance?
                                                                make sure you put the unit in standby first, or you'll lose the settings you've done!

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                                  • Apr 2009

I did put it on standby first but no solution yet.

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Apr 2009

Since I have put the updates on and switched it off and back on the problem is solved...thanks a lot

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2003

Since I have put the updates on and switched it off and back on the problem is solved...thanks a lot
                                                                      glad to hear!

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2008

For those with 2 subs, is there a benefit to running them in stereo? I have never been able to do this before...anybody test this??
                                                                        Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                          • 2299

I wanted to bump this up since we are getting a lot of new members! Lets update it as well.

If a mod comes along, could you sticky it?

thanks,

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Dec 2009
                                                                            • 99

Oh,Oh, I may be joining the club!

Okay I'm headed to the only dealer in my So Cal area tomorrow that has one on display. Dealer stated it is the "rack mount version" they are using. Can't wait to hear and see it!

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2008
                                                                              • 568

#83
                                                                              Originally posted by sikoniko
                                                                              I wanted to bump this up since we are getting a lot of new members! Lets update it as well.

If a mod comes along, could you sticky it?

thanks,
                                                                              I'd like to suggest adding a tip to the OP that talks about the margin for error in setting the sub output using the internal test tone "noise" and an SPL meter.

Once you set the sub level to 75 dB using the internal test tone, it is recommended that you fine tune the level by ear using music / movies that you are familiar with. And don't be surprised if you have to adjust the level up or down as much as +/-5 dB.

This only applies to the sub channel. Setting the main channel levels can be done reliably with the internal test tones and an SPL meter.

This isn't a problem with the SSP-800, it has to do with the large variations in in-room bass response.
                                                                              Last edited by AV-OCD; 12 December 2009, 04:46 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                              Search Result for "|||"