X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rav934
    • Dec 2005

B&W PV1 vs Definitive Technology Supercube II

Spent considerable time this weekend evaluating the PV1 (dealer demo) and my Supercube 2. Here are brief comments. I'll get into more details if there are questions.

Expectations: matched with my 804s, PV1 would be better for music, Supercube 2 better for HT (music matters most to me).

After listening to Stanley Clarke, Diana Krall, Peter Gabriel and the Incredibles (dvd movie)....I prefer the Supercube 2.

Yes the PV1 is very fast and tight....but it seems to overlap the 804s. The Supercube goes lower and compliments the 804s. It may be a touch slower than the PV1, but it sounds very smooth.

Listening during the rocket launch seen in the Incredibles was much more enjoyable with the Supercube....it loves volume!

Feedback welcome.

Oh, just bought a second Supercube 2. Will test a stereo setup this week and report.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by rav934
    Spent considerable time this weekend evaluating the PV1 (dealer demo) and my Supercube 2. Here are brief comments. I'll get into more details if there are questions.

Expectations: matched with my 804s, PV1 would be better for music, Supercube 2 better for HT (music matters most to me).

After listening to Stanley Clarke, Diana Krall, Peter Gabriel and the Incredibles (dvd movie)....I prefer the Supercube 2.

Yes the PV1 is very fast and tight....but it seems to overlap the 804s. The Supercube goes lower and compliments the 804s. It may be a touch slower than the PV1, but it sounds very smooth.

Listening during the rocket launch seen in the Incredibles was much more enjoyable with the Supercube....it loves volume!

Feedback welcome.

Oh, just bought a second Supercube 2. Will test a stereo setup this week and report.

do you know the $ difference?

Comment

• rav934
      • Dec 2005

PV1 list is $1500

Supercube II about $1000

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"