X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

supercube 2 or omnis12?

I have been debating between these 2 subs.I was all set to get the supercube2 when i began hearing that it may be too small for my room.My room is 22.5 x19.5 x8'.I can get the mirage or the supercube for about the same price.I really wanted a small sub that would do the job but now i have concerns.I would really appreciate any help from you guys here.Is the supercube too small for me and if so how is the mirage which i have heard good things about.Any experience or insight would really help.thanks
    PS:I know svs and hsu are great options but they are just too big for me even though everyone swears by them.
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

HSU is big? WOW. Color me surprised. I don't know that I've heard that.

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Hey, FWIW and for anyone interested i ended up ordering the Martin Logan Grotto today.Will have it next week.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

That's wonderful Rick, let us know what you think of the Martin Logan Grotto.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

sure will,when i figure out all those controls.

Comment

• asacam
            • Mar 2003

How do you like your Grotto? I just bought a demo one and am quite happy with it.

Comment

• Classe4me
              • Dec 2007

SuperCube II

Rick, FWIW, I have a full Classe Delta system consisting of a CA-5200 amp, an SSP-600 pre-pro, and a CDP-300 DVD/CD source player. I am running my electronics through Wilson Audio Sophia 2s, a Wilson WATCH center, and B & W in-walls for my surrounds. I have the Def Tech SuperCube II and am very surprised at how well it does. My room is approximately 22 X 23 and with the bass response from the Sophias and the punch of that amp, that little SuperCube is a shocker. It will rock the house.

It was on my early agenda to replace it with a JL Audio Fathom F113 because I didn't think it would cut the mustard but after upgrading my amp I just didn't feel the need to make that a priority.

I can't speak for the other sub. I can attest that Def Tech makes some really, really value packed, high quality speakers and subs for very affordable prices. Definitely a lot of "boom for the buck!"

If you can get a good deal on one I would suggest you try it. I would be interested in knowing what other equipment you are using to go with it if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know what kind of a time frame you are on but if I go forward with this new JL sub then I will be looking to move my old one. I'm in no hurry though as the lil cube does a fine job. The finish and craftsmanship on that piece is very impressive as well.

I hope this helps.

Originally posted by rick c
              I have been debating between these 2 subs.I was all set to get the supercube2 when i began hearing that it may be too small for my room.My room is 22.5 x19.5 x8'.I can get the mirage or the supercube for about the same price.I really wanted a small sub that would do the job but now i have concerns.I would really appreciate any help from you guys here.Is the supercube too small for me and if so how is the mirage which i have heard good things about.Any experience or insight would really help.thanks
              PS:I know svs and hsu are great options but they are just too big for me even though everyone swears by them.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"