Im going for a Definitive Tech HT setup but need help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • definitive
    • Jul 2004

Im going for a Definitive Tech HT setup but need help.

Hi im thinking to go for a awsome home-T system soon and i need some tips how to get stuff for bang buck and reviews of my selected things. Here is what i selected:
    BP-7000SC 2 front speakers

CLR-3000 1 center

BPX10000 2 side speakers

BPX10000 2 back speakers

Supercube Reference 1 subwoofer
    all from www.definitivetech.com , here is the questions i got

1. Will this be awsome setup?

2. wich amps do i need? i kindof fancy the http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm
    setup but dont know wich i need to get awsome sound

3. wich dvd player should i get? i need all zones, divex, mpeg, dvd recording? or that hdd recording,and great quality.

4 i noticed this products on the luisca site and wondering what they are and if they are expensive and needfull? Monster HTS 2600, Richard Gray's RGPC 400 SubStation, 6000U HD recevier.

please come with suggestions ,cons ,pros and tips. :W
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Welcome to the DefTech club!
    They seem truly one of a kind for the price especially when it comes to movie soundtracks. That sounds like one awesome set-up and identical to mine in the front. For the two side surrounds I chose the bpvx/p with the built in subwoofers and for the rears - I chose the clr 2000 since its direct radiating. I listened to both bpv versions at the dealer and when the /p actually shook the walls they were on, I said, "sign me up for that". :E

The guy you'll want to hear from is jimmyp58 - I'm sure he'll chime in shortly.

I was driving those massive 7000scs and the 3000 with the rotel 1080/1095 but it simply wasn't enough - then jimmy turned me on to the Bryston line and I finally achieved nirvana - the 6bsst rated 3*300 watts (tested 351) will knock you down over and over again. I think jimmy even has the 600 watt line. They are that good and it is one smokin' combo. :T Also, talk to Chet at Deftech as much as you can - he is extremely responsive and knows his sh_t. I haven't gone with a separate subwoofer yet such as the supercube as I am pretty satisfied with the built in reference subs in the 7000s but hey others will tell you it was worth it to them.

Let me know how I can help.
    Adz

Comment

• definitive
      • Jul 2004

"For the two side surrounds I chose the bpvx/p with the built in subwoofers and for the rears - I chose the clr 2000 since its direct radiating."

isnt the BPX10000 with subwoofer? is bpvx/p better? and are you using two center channels for rear speakers?

"Let me know how I can help."

there are some questions there im not so good in english or HT so i need all the help i can.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Just like ADZ says, you'll need something with gusto to push those 7000's. And to his point, I use a Bryston 14B SST for fronts (600W X 2) to power my 7000's. I use a Bryston 7B SST to power my CLR 3000. His 6B SST across the front is awesome for sure. I went the route I did because I listen to ~ 90% 2-channel music so I wanted a killer amp for this. Once I made that commitment, I went for the 14B's complement, the 7B, to power my center. I have the 7001's for surrounds and use a CineNova Grande 5 (300W per channel) to power them.

You will have a phenomenal setup and sound from those speakers. But again, you'll definitely need a solid amp to power those 7000's. By the way, I have the SuperCube Reference for my primary sub (front) and use a B&W ASW 600 for rear; my HT is ~ 34 feet long and the rear sub does a great job. Great going for you!

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Adz
          • Jan 2004

I'm not familar with the BPX10000. It may be the international version and identical to the bpvx/p. Currently I have a 6.1 system with 2 side surrounds and 1 rear. When I do update to 7.1, I will add another CLR2000 to the rear.

Unfortunately, I can not answer all your questions but I can tell you it will be an awesome set-up and I did provide you with one crucial suggestion based on my experience - That is, with the 7000scs, I would recommend a very powerful amp such as the Bryston 6B.

For DVD players, a non-confrontational suggestion is to stick with Denon. They are coming out (at least in the U.S initially) with newer models in August.

Good luck,
          Adz

Comment

• Adz
            • Jan 2004

Jimmy,

You gotta post pictures of that set-up (if you haven't already). As my 8 year old says, its "insane in the membrane". When you turn on your system, the entire State of Wisconsin dims, I bet.
            Adz

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Actually I did....check out Bing Fung's thread regarding posting pictures of your Rotel. If not, I can e-mail it to you. I just sent you an e-mail....

Great suggestion for our new 'friend' regarding Denon. Have you checked out those new players that will come out later this year?! Super sweet!!!

Jim

Comment

• definitive
                • Jul 2004

why does the speakers need so good amp? isnt the built in amp good enough? and how do i connect that bryston 14 for example to my dvd player.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

What ADZ and I are trying to do is educate you on these wonderful speakers. I've seen many guys 'listen' to their dealer and purchase a receiver (e.g., Denon AVR-5803) only to find out that the amps in those receivers, albeit even hi-end receivers, just don't have the oomph to really get them to shine.

You certainly don't have to go out and get a 14B like me but a 4B SST from Bryston (or like with ADZ a 6B SST) would be remarkable. He has a Rotel RMB-1095 amp. Great amp but nowhere near as good as a Bryston. Bryston is one of the top-line amps available and their sound reproduction is remarkable. They really make those 7000's fulfill all they are meant to deliver. Remember the amp is use for powering the builit-in subwoofer. As far as connecting a 14B (or any other amp for that matter) you'd need either a pre-pro; if you choose to use a receiver, you hook up the amp to the pre-outs. Then your dvd player gets connected to the pre/pro or receiver.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Comment

• definitive
                    • Jul 2004

bryston 4 on the 7000s and the center then? and wich one for the supercube reference and the other 4 bvx/p ?

Comment

• jimmyp58
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

ADZ uses a Rotel RMB-1095 for his surrounds. Very nice amp for that. I use a CineNova Grande 5. More power, cost is about the same. You could also go with a Rotel RMB-1075. Less power than the 1095 and much less than the Grande 5 but a very nice amp too; remember, you don't need lots of power for surrounds anyways. Just a couple of ideas for you.

As far as the sub goes, it has it's own amp. You just plug it into the wall. It gets a feed though from your receiver or pre-pro from the 'sub-out'.

Jim

Comment

• definitive
                        • Jul 2004

bryston 4 and what other? in my country the price doubles you know any idea how i can import myself and save muc?

Comment

• definitive
                          • Jul 2004

what about this one Yamaha & nbsp DSP-AZ9

Comment

• jimmyp58
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Never heard of them....

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"