Will this combination work - 705s with htm7 with fpm6's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

Will this combination work - 705s with htm7 with fpm6's?

Hi guys,

We have a room that is about 4.6mts wide. on one end we have a 50" plasma and on the other our sofa.

We want to use 705s with htm7 at front. originally we were leaning towards inceilings for rear but are now looking at the option of fpm6's at rear on either side of sofa. we can put a far bit of distance between sofa and speakers on rear wall as the room is approx 8mts long. Obvious problem is that they will not be facing the listener but straight forward (at plasma).

So, how will the fpm6's perform? Is it a bad idea using them like this? how do they generally sound?

Once we sort of rear, all we will then need to figure out will be the sub

Cheers,

Julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

anyone??? or should i assume by no comment that they wont work together?

cheers,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by alpina
      anyone??? or should i assume by no comment that they wont work together?

cheers,

julie
      I have a full FPM set up (check out the bottom of the page in the link below). The FPMs are truely an amazing speaker in my opinion. Dont think that you are loosing any sound quality getting them. In the lin up of B&W speakers B&W claims they consider the FPMs a slightly better speaker then the 600 series if that helps.

I get compliments on the sound and look all the time.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Once we sort of rear, all we will then need to figure out will be the sub
        Check out the PV1! in that room size it would be a great fit/look with the 705s and FPMs. I have audition it and am buying it tomorrow in black. Ill post a picture.

Comment

• alpina
          • Nov 2005

thanks vancouver,

love to see the pic of the pv1 - gotta to admit,its not a sub that i have considered. what made you choose it?

cheers,

julie

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

thanks vancouver,

love to see the pic of the pv1 - gotta to admit,its not a sub that i have considered. what made you choose it?

cheers,

julie
            Besides the fact it has fantastic and accurate base control, and it is the best looking sub I have seen it won the EISA best product award for 2005-2006

It truelly is a remarkable design. Personally I am as conerned of they my equipment sounds as the way it looks. Here is a good write up on it.

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Ill post a picture of mine when I get it tomorrow, but here is a picture of it online. The one Im getting is Black.

It is a recomended sub for the 7 series.

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Julie,
                here are the pictures I promised. I need a longer cable so I dont have a pic of it fully installed yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

• alpina
                  • Nov 2005

that looks awesome vancouver,

besides it looks, what made you choose it over the asw700 (another recommended sub for the 7 series)? how do the 2 compare?

i notice its rated at 500 watts continuous. what's its rms power?

cheers,

julie

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

that looks awesome vancouver,

besides it looks, what made you choose it over the asw700 (another recommended sub for the 7 series)? how do the 2 compare?

i notice its rated at 500 watts continuous. what's its rms power?

cheers,

julie
                    I didnt even consider the asw 700 since the PV1 goes so well with my FPM setup. I wouldnt be the right person to ask how it compares to the asw 700...maybe start a new thread on that one.

what do you mean by RMS power?

Comment

• Briz vegas
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Regarding RMS and continuous power -my understanding is that they are same thing. I started out worrying about watts, thinking the more the better but ended up with a Rel Strata 5 (150w) for a combination of reasons.

The sound of the PV1 is more refined than the 700 or 675. This makes it more of a subtle music sub than a home theatre device.

I went through the sub dilema in August trying to find the best beast to do the job. I listened to 675, 700 and PV1 (which I took home to demo - the only way to tell how a sub will perform in the real world).

All of the above subs (including the Rel) can do a nice job depending on your taste and the room. Look carefully at the connection options on each sub. Some, like PV1 and REL, have high (speaker) level connection which I found essential as I use my REL all the time - not just with movies - it adds nicely to the 705s bottom end and gives a more spacious sound. Definitely try any sub at home before you buy to avoid disappointment (subs are very room dependant in my experience).
                      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"