X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

fpm6 vs fpm5 - which should i get?

have decided to go with the fpm range for rear surrounds.

2 questions if i may:

1. which one should i go for. price difference is not that great so should i just go for the 6's or is there a reason why 5's would be better?

2. as they will be inline with sofa and plasma on opposite wall, should i just face them to plasma wall or tilt them towards sofa at say 45 degrees for eg?

btw, these speakers will compliment 705s, htm7 and asw700.

thanks,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

The FPM4 and FPM5 have the exact same sized driver and there is no difference. The FPM 6 is a little different because it has slightly bigger drivers and can reach a little lower with sounds. Go with what ever size fits your area , or if all looks about the same get the FPM 6.

I am not 100% sure about how to face them towards your listening area, but unlike most speakers FPMs are built to be close to or right on walls for and therefor can be a little more versitle.

p.s. what sub did you end up choosing?

Comment

• alpina
      • Nov 2005

still undecided but looking like asw700

cheers,

julie
      My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"