X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

would you add an amp to this setup?

I have a rotel rsx1056 w/B&W 603s3's,lcr600 and def.tech. surrounds that i will replace later.My room is 22.5 x19.5.The setup sounds good(nothing to compare it to) but i'm wondering if i could get alot more.If you guys had this setup would you add an amp?Would an amp give me a significant improvement or would it be a waste of money.If an amp would be beneficial which one (2,3,5 channel)(150 or 200 watt).I was researching on 2 & 3 channel amps (parasound or rotel)just to get some info.FWIW i listen 70%ht/tv and 30% music(DVDA/SACD)
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Hey Rick, what kind of amp are you looking to get? Any brand in particular? I never had my 601/600 powered by an amp. Didn't get my Parasound amp until the 800s came in.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

I just edited before you posted.I was researching either parasound or rotel which would possibly fit my budget.
      How you doing by the way?

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Just sent you a PM.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Are you looking for a night/day difference?!?! If that's the case... most likely the answer is, not really. Will there be improvement, most definitely.

The things you might notice is a bigger/wider sound stage, a more "effortless" feeling from the speakers, slight bit better clarity -- more detailed sound. The effortless feeling I'm referring to might be worth it in and of itself...as it's extremely nice to be listening to something and (say for example) and explosion happens on screen, well you get such a bigger sense of the explosion in the sound... this is even with all speakers set to small...so it's not just a "powering of the bass drivers." Definitely a neat feeling which you will notice immediately.

I would definitely go for something in the 200 watt range to get the most noticeable change in your sound. So like a RMB-1095 (that's what I use with my Dm604/LCR600 S3s) would do amazing wonders for your 603s/600.

Another thing you will probably notice is you listen at a lower level on the RSX-1056, but are still able to hear everything clearly.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

What you describe is definately what i'm looking for.I would love the 1095 but unfortunately it's over my budget.

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

The 1075 (if that's what you are going for) will work out the same, just not quite as noticeable as the 1095...but the 1075 is still one heck of an amp.

Or you could even look towards a 1080 for just the 603s and it will make a difference (again though, not quite as noticeable as a 1095 pushing all channels).
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• rick c
                • Aug 2004

How much of a difference be between a 1080 and the 1075.I realize the 1080 would only power the fronts but with the 1075 all channels would be driven at the same level.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"