X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Rotel & Parasound Amp's

How do the two brands compare to each other? I'm looking at audiogon and ebay and the pricing appear to be fairly similiar. If we compare the Rotel RB-1080 to the Parasound 2250 or the Halo A51 how do each stack up against each other? I also posted this in the Rotel subforum but I thought I'd also get some responses from those with the Parasound equipment and why they chose Parasound instead of Rotel
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It's a combination of features, costmetics, and where you're located. Rotel is possibly less expensive to customers in the Eurpoean Union, since it's an EU make (Made in the UK). Likewise, Parasound is an American brand.

I have owned both Parasound and Rotel equipment. They're both very good. Parasound Halo is definitely more "luxorious" (it looks better)...

Rotel now has digital amps (based on the Danish Bang et Olufsen ASP module). I think Parasound has some catching up to do in this area... I'm tempted to suggest that you should go with a digital amp and Rotel for this very reason...

Peter

Comment

• mitch57
      • Nov 2004

I started out with a Rotel RMB-1095. It was a great amp and built like a tank. However, I switched to the Parasound A51 after auditioning it in my home. I find it quite a step up from the Rotel. Much tighter/stronger bass as well as more dynamic then the Rotel. But they are both great amps IMHO.
      Mitch
      :stupidpc:

Comment

• nbourbaki
        • Jul 2006

Funny, I bought my Halo A51 after auditioning the latest Rotel digital amps. I don't like the fact that the Rotel doesn't have balanced inputs/outputs. I found the A51 had a more transparent top end and more liquid midrange.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by nbourbaki
          Funny, I bought my Halo A51 after auditioning the latest Rotel digital amps. I don't like the fact that the Rotel doesn't have balanced inputs/outputs. I found the A51 had a more transparent top end and more liquid midrange.
          That's a good point! You're definitely right about the XLRs. XLRs are a MUST when it comes to longer runs for the subwoofers or amps placed next to the speakers.

Peter

Comment

• infinitiqx4
            • Jan 2003

I thought that Rotel and Parasound had similar sounds and my final choice came down to those two. I selected my Parasound 2205 and 1500 because I got a good used deal on them. You'll probably be happy with either brand.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Hey, infiniti, I don't know if I've seen you around here before, so here's a welcoming banana: :banana:

I just bought an Infiniti QX56 myself, for my wife.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"