Choosing the right amp: Parasound 5125 or Rotel RMB-1077?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

Choosing the right amp: Parasound 5125 or Rotel RMB-1077?

Hi guys,

I was bouncing between Rotel and Parasound while I have been looking into them for a while. And Kevin made a good deal down there which tempts me to get the amp sooner than I expected. They are very different amp(Class A/B vs D) but I am in favor of both. There are goodies about both the class A/B amp(Parasound) perform really well and I like the idea of class D amp(Rotel) in generating low heat and more efficient.
    I will be only using 5.1 only so extra 2 channels offered in Rotel does not make it over Parasound just because of that. Speakers are Klipsch RF 3II series that they are efficient speakers which I am not worry about they will have hard time to drive my speakers either.

Processor is not set yet so I can match it up pretty easily.

Since it is almost make over to the electronics in my whole system(replacing oppo dvd player with new oppo bluray player, moving into separate, new Pioneer TV). The flexibility created a great variety of choices for me, but it comes with the struggle of choosing between components. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :T

Sorry if it is not really readable as it has been a long day....
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

*cough* 1077 *cough*

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vinny
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
      *cough* 1077 *cough*

Kevin D.
      I thought you would keep yourself away for that :B
      Why so? Rotel's Class D definitely saves on trees and electricity bill in long run. But some people reported they are lacking in lower frequencies.... this bothers me from getting a class D amp as well?

I read about Emotiva recently that they are even lower price than used Parasound/Rotel...... and they are from the same factory as Parasound. Now it joins the competition and added to my confusion on choosing the amp as well...... :roll:
      Pioneer KRP-500M
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Parasound 5125
      Oppo BDP-83
      SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• digital desire
        • Dec 2006

Do you have a link that suggests the two companies are tied at the hip?
        Peter
        Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• Vinny
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by digital desire
          Do you have a link that suggests the two companies are tied at the hip?
          Emotiva
          Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

Rotel
          Rotel’s new RMB-1077, delivers full bandwidth, high performance sound with plenty of power output and very low heat and distortion. At 7 x 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms, it is a superb choice for all but the very largest home theater systems.
          Pioneer KRP-500M
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Parasound 5125
          Oppo BDP-83
          SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Vinny
            Emotiva
            Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

Rotel
            http://www.rotel.com/NA/products/Pro...tails.htm?Id=1
            Guess I'm missing something. Tell me more.....

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"