X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoffi
    • Nov 2005

New amp for 802 D. What´s your opinion?

I´m searching for a new amp for my 802D´s. I had already a pair of Classe´s CAM 350´s for test audition at home. It had great soundstage and a full warm sound.(Price is about 7k €). There´s also the possibility to buy a second hand KrellFPB 400cx for app. same price. And as a third choice I was considering a Bryston SSP model. I`d like to have a very clear sound with sweet height´s and most of detail I can get out of the 802 D. Pre is Rotel RSP 1098 (which I don´t want to change for the moment). Hope for your help to take the correct decision :T .
    :sn
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

The Classe CAM-350 will be very hard to beat. Classe and B&W are a very good match as well. Based upon the comments in this site over the past 2 years Classe will out perform Krell on the B&W's dollar for dollar.

However, when you consider the level of amps your considering (very good) it's going to come down the your personal tastes. Review both if you can.

If I had to purchase one of the amps your considering without ever hearing it, my choice would be the CAM-350 hands down. :T

Jeff

Comment

• xk8boy
      • Jul 2005

hi, have you consider the new delta range. the CA-M400, is an amazing amp. if you're going to pay 7k for an discountinued amp, why not pay that bit extra.

Comment

• jericho
        • Dec 2004

Also think about a Mcintosh MC-501.I listened to the Classé Ca-M400 and the Mac.I prefered Mac but Classé certainly is a very good match on B&W too.Some sort of music will sound better on Mac when something else will sound better on Classé but in my opinion you can't go wrong with either of them

Comment

• Hoffi
          • Nov 2005

Thank you for your answers!
          Nobody experience with the Krell FPB cx? From what I´ve read it must be very clear and dynamic and all reviews were very good. Unfortunately my Krell dealer only runs the KAV and showcase line so that it is not possible to get a demo unit. Any comments appreciated!
          :sn

Comment

• johan
            • Dec 2004

Hoffi,

I have a Krell FPB300cx with N802's and it's a perfect match. Very clean and detailed but still very warm sounding. Tonality isn't so far from Classe Delta, Classe might have a bit blacker backround and Krell has better bass. Soundstage is great on both but spectacular on Krell. You cant go wrong no matter wich you choose.
            Good luck and let us know...

johan

Comment

• caleb
              • Aug 2004

i use a pair of Bryston 7B SST for my 802's and they siut me fine.

Comment

• gerardhn
                • Jun 2005

Hi guys ...
                do you happen to know what mr Classe is asking for two 400 blocks + 500 preamp...here in Europe??
                Answer 2* 6000 + 1*4250 = 16250 euro! For simplicity 1 euro = 1 us dollar.
                I have a feeling Iám squeezed out.
                Gerard

Comment

• StefanColson
                  • Jun 2005

Levinson.

Comment

• george_k
                    • Jan 2004

How bout a couple of these http://www.belcantodesign.com/prod_eOneREF1000.html#

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"