X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartk
    • Feb 2005

LCR-600 as surround speaker

Is an LCR-600 usable as surround speaker ? reason I ask is that, in my current setup I'm using 1 LCR-600 as center back. What I was thingking of doing is to move my current surrounds (DM602's) to the rear, and getting an additional LCR-600 to be used as surround.

other option would be to get dipoles (DS6) for surround, and sell the LCR-600

any opinions ?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Yes, you can use the LCR-600 as a regular speaker. Having the LCR600s as your main left and right might outperform your 602s.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

602s will out perform the LCR600s, so use the 602s in your more prominent position...which is still your surrounds, not your back surrounds.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Ok, I stand corrected. I never owned the 602s, which is why I said the LCR600 might outperform. So I'd now say to follow PewterTA advice. :T
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"