This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan White
    • Sep 2005

Well I know what you’re going through. I moved to Venezuela 18 months ago. In three shipments I have received one cracked plasma, one damaged RMB 1095 and the tweeter on my 805s was damaged as well. All this equipment is new and I have to deal with the same insurance company. (

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Sounds like UPS in Peru might be a disaster. UPS in France is very good and I stay loyal to them as not a package lost or borken in 7 years of business and 50-60 shipments a month.

Plus B&W boxes are pretty well built and meant for the weight. The 802D's are ONLY delivered on a Palette to insure added protection.

Comment

• tboooe
        • Jun 2005

Update:

UPS is definitely disputing the damage now. Their assessment is that the damage to the boxes occured from the inside out (what??). Of course my dealer is disputing that. Some UPS manager is supposed to talk to my dealer today. Keep your fingers crossed. The saga continues!

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

As I said before - your first mistake was accepting (and opening) boxes that were obviously damaged.

I think you will have a battle on your hands here.

Has your credit card company actually reversed the charge on your card?

If so then just go and buy some more speakers and carry then home yourself.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Well I'm happy to hear your dealer is at least disputing that the damage occured from inside out. Because we all know fork lifts and handcarts pick stuff up from inside out of the box.

...and we know that the speaker is actually much larger than the box it was in... :roll:

I feel for you, hopefully it all turns out good. I agree with caleb, if the credit card has reversed the charges... then go get some new speakers! :T
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Get the credit card squashed and go out for a beer !!

Did you sign the card or was it by "correspondance over the phone ?

Comment

• tboooe
                • Jun 2005

Justice at last!!!

update:

I spoke with my dealer who finally agreed to order me new speakers in spite of the open issue with UPS. Unfortunately, because B&W is doing year end inventory, they will not be able to ship anything until Wed at the earliest. So it looks like I will have to wait a few extra days before getting my speakers. Needless to say, I will make the 4.5 hour drive and pick up the speakers. I will also make sure to open the box and inspect the speakers before taking them home.

Does anyone know if the speakers are shipped on pallets when they are delivered from B&W to the dealer? I am just paranoid because I heard B&W uses UPS. I dont want a repeat of what happened to me.

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Hey Tboooe, they arrive at the dealer on trucks either on pallets or hand trucked, they do not ship UPS. Also if UPS denies the claim on those for the dealer because of bad factory packing, then they shouldnt have paid on my claim, they told me that they were packaged well form the factory and they admitted to poor handling. I even had a contoller from UPS come out, he took pictures of the boxes to use in his next quality control meeting. Go figure.
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

tboooe,

You should get the reference of the shipping airway bill number of Soundgravy to give to the dealer for reference.

Make sure they are not giving the same speakers repaired ?

Comment

• tboooe
                      • Jun 2005

misterdoggy, I made note of the serial numbers. I also put a very small mark on each speaker on a hidden location. This way, I can make sure I am getting new speakers.

Comment

• PewterTA
                        • Nov 2004

Good to hear Tboooe!!!!!!

I know it sucks to say a 4.5hr trip to pick them up, but it will be much more worth it!!

As long as the boxes are in good shape I'd say you're probably A-OK with them. But it doesn't hurt to open them up and just do a quick look. Honestly, I don't know if I'd go for a complete unpacking as they are a pain to get back in the box the same way they came out...but with what problems you've had, I probably do it too.
                        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                        -Dan

Comment

• misterdoggy
                          Super Senior Member
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by tboooe

misterdoggy, I made note of the serial numbers. I also put a very small mark on each speaker on a hidden location. This way, I can make sure I am getting new speakers.
                          Your way ahead of me !! Good Work.

That's real attention to detail !! :T

Comment

• dan87951
                            • Nov 2005

UPS is a joke they never pay out on claims. I just don't use them anymore! I will only ship expensive speaker by FedEx which does payout on insurance claims. Glad to hear you are getting a new set of speakers the 4.5 hour drive will be worth it. I'm kinda suprised the dealer shipped the speakers to you in the first place because B&W doesn't allow that from what I have heard only in store pickups.
                            dan87951
                            audio guru

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"