X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

General ASW800 sub question

When I get my sub I will need to get a cable. I have seen the cables with the 2 jacks on one end ( for sub) and single jack for pre end. Why 2 jacks for sub end and only single jack for pre end (and does it matter if pre end is R or L channel - and, if not, why). A noob trying to understand. Thanks. :T
  • caleb
    • Aug 2004

In my experience, it doesn't really matter which input you use, although some purists do advocate using a "Y" splitter and going into both left and right inputs

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by caleb
      In my experience, it doesn't really matter which input you use, although some purists do advocate using a "Y" splitter and going into both left and right inputs
      So then it does not matter which output I use from the pre - R or L?

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

miner, as advised in one of my previous posts, I strongly recommend that you download the ASW800 Owner's manual from B&W's web site. In that manual you will see that you need 2 RCA cables between your preamp and the sub, and 2 RCA cables between the sub and your amp.

If you can't find the Owner's Manual, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"