X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asrovnal
    • Jan 2005

B&W ASW 700

First post. Dose anyone have any comments on or experience with the ASW 700. Thanks
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi asrovnal, and welcome to the HTGuide Forum. When I bought my ASW750 a few months ago I considered the 700 but was advised by a number of people to pay a bit more for the 750 or even a bit less for the 675. The 700 just didn't seem to be as well regarded as some of the other models. However I must point out that this is hearsay as I didn't audition all three side by side.

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

Really depends on the size of room and how much deep bass you need. The 700 works great in smaller rooms and to me is better geared for 2 channel stereo integration.

Comment

• asrovnal
        • Jan 2005

Thank you for the replies, room size is 18 X 14 feet with tall celling, using 703 L/R, HTM 7 C, and 705 L/R rears. Current sub is an 8 inch Vellodyne. It is hard to find any reviews on B&W subs, found some info on the 675 and 750 but none on the 700. But, I figured that there should have some imporvement over the 675. Also have room restrictions as to placement location doors, windows, etc. I as not heavy into bass but I do like to hear/feel it on ocassion.

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

My recommendation is for music the 700 would be fine, but for movies I would opt for the 750. But it really comes down to personal preference...Ideally you should try an audition them in your home or at the very least side by side at the dealer.

Comment

• KvHagedorn
            • Jul 2005

One would think the 700, the ASWCDM and the 675 would be roughly equivalent, but my favorite of the three is actually the ASWCDM.. maybe it's because the rooms we installed those in were a particularly good match. The one 700 we've installed was in a room that was really too big for it.

Comment

• asrovnal
              • Jan 2005

AWS-700 Update

Received the 700 on Friday the 12 of August. It sounds grate! Played U-571, several of LOTRs, and many other DVDs. On the music side my 703s seemed more open with the 700 and intergrateing perfectly with it. A good buy and fit for my room. Now what - Rotel power?

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                One would think the 700, the ASWCDM and the 675 would be roughly equivalent, but my favorite of the three is actually the ASWCDM.. maybe it's because the rooms we installed those in were a particularly good match. The one 700 we've installed was in a room that was really too big for it.
                Hi KvHagedorn, what are the differences in sound between the ASWCDM and the ASW750?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"