X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boognish
    • Jun 2005

B&W 703 and Integrated Amp Choices - MF or Krell

I am looking for advice towards the purchace of an integrated amplifier for my B&W 703 speakers. I have been leaning towards Musical Fidelity A308, or possibly the Krell KAV-400Xi.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to audition either model with the 703s, but it has been suggested by two different dealers, that these models would be good choices. It was also recommended that Rotel components might be satisfactory.

Any thoughts, or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Never heard a Krell anything, but I've heard the 604s with a Musical Fidelity A3 and... ahhh, they're just so awesome together. If a 604 can sound that good with it I'm sure (even if there's any lacking) it will sound better with the 703s.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

I just hooked up my new A5 to my N804s tonight. I'm listening to a Norah Jones SACD right now and how sweet it is! I was using a Classe CAP-101. The A5 seems to have added more depth to the disc and of course has much more top end. I had to reduce the volume of my Rel Storm III by about half compared to where I had it set for the Classe. I'll post again in a few days after I let the A5 break in a bit.

Comment

• js24
        • Feb 2005

one more vote for Mufi A5
        I'm currently using it with the 703s. what a sweet match!

Comment

• jim777
          • Mar 2005

I got a McIntosh MA6500 for my 703's. So warm and natural sounding! These B&W's sounded too harsh on Rotel so "I had no choice" but to go for McIntosh. I didn't try the other models you suggested. Note that you will also need good cables and a good source to get 100% out of your 703's. A Rotel RCD-1072 is great for redbook, most (<3000$) DVD players just won't do the trick (for music CD's).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"