X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor
    • May 2005

Adcom 555II with B&W 700 series

I was wondering if anyone has heard or has used an adcom amp with the 700 series? I am using an Adcom 555II to power my 604 s3 and it sounds good, but I know that the 700 series is more detailed than the 600 series. Do you think the 700 series will pick up more distortion than the 600 series?

In the future I will upgrade my amp but for right now paying for tuition and books is more important.

THanks for any suggestions

Trevor :T
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

I use adcom amplification, 5802/5503/5400. I made the choice when comparing adcom to rotel ~8 yrs ago. There was a subtle difference and to me, the adcom sounded better. Adcom has a bad reputation on this site, due to rotel biased. Let your ears make the decision for you.

Comment

• Lotus 78
      • May 2005

I use the 5500 with 703's and I am very satisfied. Much more so than my RMB-1075.

Comment

• greggz
        • Jun 2002

I originally had an Adcom amp with Infinity Kappa speakers. For years I was very satisfied with this combination. When I recently upgraded to the more revealing Nautilus speakers I found the Adcom amp to have a fatiguing glare to it. Switching out for the warmer Rotel solved that problem for me.
        Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"