X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Anyone have the new 700 series?

Did anyone here already buy the new 700 series?
    I'm curious to see the feedback.
    I've read the few professional reviews out there, but no one has really compared the new 700 series to any of the other B&W series.

During my last thread, aarsoe had given me an idea.
    I'm interested in how the new 700 series compare with my older 804S, so I am going to but the HTM72 and HMT71 (perhaps in November) and see if they blend in well with my 804S.

Wanted to see if anyone had already purchased one of the new speakers.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I will be buying the two centers, HTM71 and HTM72, next week to compare and see if they match with my 804S.
    I will write up a review once I complete my comparison.
    If anyone has any requests on what they'd like me to test out or any questions, please let me know.

Comment

• Ralphies
      • Jan 2018

I have heard the new 702 S2, I must say as a Focal fan, I really love the sound of these 702 S2!!!

Very neutral sounding speakers and really sparkling mid and high, all well balanced. No recessed mid or high, no turned up upper bass, a real nice devolepped speaker.
      I heard it with a class D Rotel power amp and Rotel preamp, that was a nice combo.
      For me it is a real gem, worthy to change from Focal to B&W one day.

I like to see a comparison between the Focal Kanta and the B&W 702 S2 next to each other.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I purchased the two centers, HTM-71 and HTM-72.
        I needed to see which one would match my 804S the most.

Technology trickled down from the 800 series..
        Maybe on paper, but the sound is completely different from the 804S.
        The HTM-71 and HTM-72 are completely different. The larger center is just an amazing speaker on it's own. Really amazing.
        However, neither one of them had the same "the speaker disappears" type of sound that the 800 series have.

I preferred the larger HTM-71, but since neither the 71 or 72 matched my 804 that much, I ended up choosing the HTM-72 since it fits inside of my tv rack.

I am powering it with a Marantz PM-15s2.
        I tried out an AV receiver (Marantz SR7011), but the AV receiver changed the sound too much. Ended up returning the receiver. Doesn't do these speakers justice.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"