How well would a Nautilus Htm1 go with 805s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

How well would a Nautilus Htm1 go with 805s?

Sorry for making a similar post but I guess I asked the wrong question and want to ask to all of you who own the htm1 and have experience with 805s's, that would a htm1 go well with 805s as front R/L?
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Probably not, HTM4s is pretty much a 805's in centre speaker form. Much better match.

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

I guess the htm1 can drown out the sounds of the 805s?? But what if say for now I want to use the 805s as R/L and the htm1 as the center piece, but in the future invest on a pair of 803 or 802's? Then I could move the 805s to the backs and use the htm1 as center piece.

But I guess i'm just curious to know if for now (probably for 2 more years) using htm1 as center and 805s as R/L would be horrible?

Comment

• Allegiance
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jjahshik32
        I guess the htm1 can drown out the sounds of the 805s?? But what if say for now I want to use the 805s as R/L and the htm1 as the center piece, but in the future invest on a pair of 803 or 802's? Then I could move the 805s to the backs and use the htm1 as center piece.

But I guess i'm just curious to know if for now (probably for 2 more years) using htm1 as center and 805s as R/L would be horrible?
        Well I couldn't really tell you what it would sound like since I have not heard that combo, but if you where upgrading in future then maybe consider getting the HTM1.

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

I guess I've just read so much about the htm1 and how everyone is blown away with its performance. Because for the price of a htm4 I can get the htm1.. so kinda stumped at the moment...

Comment

• wgriel
            • May 2006

In my somewhat limited experience, I've found that you can get away with a speaker "mis-match" up front, provided your center is better than your L & R. Well, it's not ideal for surround music, but for movies it's very workable, and (contrary to popular wisdom) can be an improvement for movies over a proper "match".

I'd say go for it, because you can probably turn around and sell the HTM1 for what you paid if you don't like the combo.

Comment

• Allegiance
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jjahshik32
              I guess I've just read so much about the htm1 and how everyone is blown away with its performance. Because for the price of a htm4 I can get the htm1.. so kinda stumped at the moment...
              If you can get them for the same price go for it! In AUS a HTM1D is $14,000 where as a HTM4S is $2,500.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                • Sep 2007

Is the htm3s the new Nhtm1 (non D)?? The dealer in my city doesnt have the htm1 listed but does have the htm3s but it looks exactly the same as the Nhtm1.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Allegiance
                  If you can get them for the same price go for it! In AUS a HTM1D is $14,000 where as a HTM4S is $2,500.

Well its Nhtm1 (non D), just htm1 and I can snag one for $1650 USD.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                    • Sep 2007

Now i'm thinking about buying the Htm4 to go with the 805s. Anyone here have any experience with the htm4 especially used with the 805s? But I do hear that for movies that a superior center is a must?

Comment

• Mig17
                      • Jan 2008

B&W is so exellent for movie, dynamic and detalied sound

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"