X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Goldmund Job 200 Amp for HTM1

My weak-link Rotel 1075 powering my HTM1 center speaker is going to face a comparison test this weekend. My dealer loaned me a Goldmund Job 200 monoblock amplifier to test in place of the Rotel 1075. It is a tiny light box of 15 cm x 25 cm x 5 cm running at 200W. No lights, dials or adjustments. Dealer claims that the Goldmund Job 200 circuit will give the best bang for the buck for my center and that I can then keep my Aragon 8008 for the left and right fronts and my Rotel 1075 for the surrounds and second zone. I will make this test in a little bit of disbelief due to size and weight of the unit. Apparently the Job 200 is the now one generation behind amplifier circuit upon which the current very expensive Goldmund amps are based. My dealer believes that this is the least costly upgrade I can make and that I will hear a major upgrade in the center channel performance without simply going sideways with another five channel amp and having to replace my Aragon as well. I was considering (still am) a used Parasound Halo A51 to replace my Rotel 1075, but the price is still a little bit higher than I wanted to spend. The owner of the shop and two other salepersons all have Goldmund in their homes, when they could choose Lexicon, Bryston, Revel, Linn, etc. Anybody familiar with the Goldmund Job 200? I
    Info is at the following website:http://www.jobsys.com

Stan
    Last edited by gostan; 20 January 2005, 15:01 Thursday. Reason: typo
    Stan
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Well, there is one green diode power light on the front of this little monoblock. I have never read anything about the job circuit upon which this tyke is based, but just a few hours of listening shows it to be a great improvement in powering my HTM1 when compared to the Rotel 1075. This may be the quickest fastest sounding amplifier I have yet to listen to. I will have to re-hookup the 1075 to re-listen to some of the same source materials for comparison purposes. Then I will have to decide if the cost of this upgrade is worthwhile long-term when compared to the alternative choice of selling the Rotel 1075 and purchasing one new upgraded 5 channel amp. My rear 805's could still use a better power source than the Rotel 1075 amplifier. For now, my HTM1 sounds sweeter than it ever has.
    Stan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"