went from 703 to 805s as fronts, a mistake for HT?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THX-UltraII
    • Oct 2008

went from 703 to 805s as fronts, a mistake for HT?

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Velodyne DD18 subwoofer. I thought the bass was so good that came from the DD18 that I started to look for 805s set for my fronts. I ve heard them before and they sounded so much clearer than my 703s. So I found a set and bought them and also sold my 703s. So my stereo sound is fine now and I m satisfied. However, for HT I m a little woried. I own the HTM1 center and this was always a great match with the 703. But I ve read some posts about not beeing so good for HT in combination with the 805s. Is this true? Should I consider to downgrade my HTM1 center to the HTM4s or upgrade it to the HTM3s or is it still a good match?
  • sskim
    • Sep 2007

I would disagree. HTM1 should be a better match with 805s than with 703s. But you should just trust your ears. I would audition other centers only if you can hear HTM1 being not as good as with 703s.

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

Htm3S would be a better match over the HTM1 for your 805S. The tweeter and x-overs are of the same type. This would provide you with more options in future as you can move the 805S to the rear and get 804/803S for the front.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"