X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Bi-Amp Center Channel?

I will be re-connecting all of my speakers with new upgraded speaker cable today or tomorrow. Now my system upgrades are almost complete. Except for a desire to change a few interconnects, the main weakness in my system is that I am still using a Rotel 1075 5 channel amp to power my rear 805's, a second zone and a HTM1 center channel. My Aragon 8008 does a wonderful job for the 803 fronts. A future amplifier upgrade to a Bryston 3 channel for the l-c-r with the Aragon moved to power the rears is 3 or 4 months off.

I am wondering if there would be any benefit to dumping the hardly uses second zone and freeing up an extra amp channel on the 1075 to bi-amp the HTM1 center channel? I would still be using the internal passive speaker crossover and this is a center channel, so I am not sure that this would provide any real benefits as a center speaker should not really require a separate amp for the bass driver and a separate amp for the mid-high drivers. But, while the HTM1 sounds good, I am sure that I am not receiving all of its benefits by powering it with one amp from the 1075. Also, since I am re-wiring and I do have the ability to try it-should I? Any thoughts or suggestions-besides upgrading the 1075 immediately will help.

Also, the following is a really informative link that I recently found about the benefits of bi-amping:
    Stan
  • JürgenW
    • Jul 2004

I have my HMT1 bi-amped, because if I have the possiblity to do it, I do it, but if it sounds beter than not bi-amped, I can't tell. When I got the HMT1 I started immediately to bi-amp it.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"