X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goe2112
    • Feb 2005

inputs on center speaker

I'm searching for a new center speaker for my HT. Currently I have N804's main, an old (14yrs) Infinity center speaker and SM 62's Infinity for the rear. I'm driving them with an old Yamaha RX-V1070 receiver (110 watts, front and center). I'm very happy with my old RX and my rears but not satisfied with the center speaker. I have a limited budget and would like to upgrade my center speaker. First of all, I cannot afford to buy the Nautalis nor the new 800 series center speakers which starting cost for a HTM2 is 1700 swiss franks ( $1400 US ). I can afford to spend up to 1000 swiss franks ($800 US) and that's the limit. Could the LCR600 S3 be a good match? I'm interested in this speaker and would like your inputs.
  • ti33er
    • Apr 2004

hmmm I am sure you can pick up a second hand Nautilus HTM2 for around £500'ish? (this must be pretty close to 1000 S'Franks)? ...I would say this is the best complimentary centre speaker to your N804's considering your budget? ...other than that I would suggest that you wait a while and save up the extra $$$ to buy a second hand Nautilus HTM1 for about 1700 S'Franks would be my guess?

The "LCR600 S3" won't be anywhere near close to your Nautilus in my opinion - that tweeter is etchy and the speaker will also sound ‘boxy’ in comparison.
    "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• caleb
      • Aug 2004

I agree, a used HTM2 will be first class compliment to your setup.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I would really take some more time to save your money and get the HTM1, you really need that center to match your mains, That driver on the HTM2 will sound different than the FST drivers in your 804's. I have used both center speakers and the HTM1 is well worth the extra wait and the money.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• goe2112
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for the inputs, I really appreciate them. I agree that the best thing to do is wait and save. Sometimes it's difficult to wait when the upgrade bug starts to hit you. I was able to find a dealer, who can sell me an HTM4S for SF 1800 rather than the normal price of SF 2400. The dealer also has an HTM 7 for SF 970 and would fit my budget better and I might consider this option but once again I would like your inputs. I guess at this time I'll just sit and wait but that's the hard part because I want to upgrde now.
          Happy Easter weekend to all B&W forum readers.
          Thanks again.

Comment

• ti33er
            • Apr 2004

hehe patience is a virtue...get a second hand NHTM2 (should be in your budget), or of course save up and get that NHTM1 - the perfect partner for your beloved N804's!
            "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"