X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clueless
    • Mar 2005

Looking for suggestions-Its been 20 years

So, its literally been 20 years since I bought speakers. Back in high school, I got my first pair of decent speakers. Back then, I spent much time researching and listening before I bought since it was a huge investment considering the circumstances. What I finally ended up with was B&W DM220's.

Through the many years since, I spent much time in school with no money for speakers and then in *very small* apartments where I didn't feel like I could justify spending much money as hey, I was moving in less than a year and I should be saving to get out of debt. I also didn't spend much time listening once I started working.

Now however I intend to buy new speakers (and other equipment as well, but I figure speakers are the most important part) and the choices are fairly overwhelming. Since back in the day I liked B&W best and I assume that speaker companies just get better at what they do and tend to have the same hallmarks in terms of sound, I'm assuming I'd like B&W's today, but have no idea where to start.

I have a larger room now and I won't be moving anytime soon. The room is irregularly shaped, but primarily a 15 x 25 living room.

Do any of you who have actually followed this company for years (although I doubt anyone here remembers the 220's) have any suggestions?

Any and all help would be gratefully appreciated. Clearly I have extremly limited knowledge (i.e. none) of this kind of stuff today.
  • DanR
    • Dec 2004

Maybe if you could give us a little more info on what music you like, what your intended components will be and some budget sonsiderations we can help you a little better.
    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"