X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • branko
    • Feb 2005

Speaker cable recomendation

I am building a new stereo system which will be used about 90% for music and 10% for tv/dvd watching. I just got the 602s yesterday and spent an evening listening and admiring their musicality, I love them and cant wait untill they break in and start sounding better yet!

It consists of the following:
    Cambridge Audio 540D Player
    Cambridge Audio Studio Reference interconenct
    Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated amp
    B&W 602 S3 speakers

I have everything apart from decent speaker cable. I was wondering if someone could make some good recomendations based on what I am using. Thanks!!
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

How about Cat cables???? They sponser this forum. You may want to read the post on cable discussions on this forum.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• ti33er
      • Apr 2004

I have a Cambridge Audio 540D and it can be a little bright - I would suggest copper vs silver cable (copper recommended I mean), but this you really need to audition yourself!
      "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Nigel_Rav
        • Feb 2005

The £10/m QED stuff is good. QT300 is the part no. if I remember correctly.

Comment

• rolski
          • Feb 2005

By all means read the info from the forum sponsor, but do yourself a favour & read the cable info section at www.audioholics.com - you could save yourself a lot of money & also save yourself from falling into the cable trap along with most other people....

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"