X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pasteur
    • Aug 2005

rotel dvd 1050 vs cambridge audio 540d

hello to everyone. I am a new member.i want to put together a home theater system and after a lot of research i narrowed the field to two brand names: rotel and cambridge audio. I would like to know if anyone compared (listened)the rotel dvd 1050 with Cambridge audio 540D in terms of sound not technical info? Thanks
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I have not compared the 540D to the Rotel (I own the 540D), but for CD playback, I compared it to the 540C, the NAD541i, the NAD521BEE, a host of other DVD players from Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon and Marantz (some of the players were more than twice the 540D's retail price) and, for CD playback, the 540D was the top player. Some other DVD players had better PQ in prog scan (but I can't use that feature, and in interlaced, the differences became quite small) but none had better CD playback (the Marantz was the closest, and I bought that for universal hi-res playback). I was looking for a dedicated CD player at the time, and ended up with a DVD player. Rotel has a solid reputation for SQ, but if sound is your main priority, especially CD playback (all of these comparisons were done via analogue output of the players), the 540D offers the best "bang for buck", IMO.

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

This comment may not be worth much, but I compared the Rotel DVD 1050 to my Rotel 1072 CD-player and the 1050 was no way near the 1072. The 1050 might do for 1500$ speakers and a 1000$ integrated amp, but not for a more serious system. I didn't listen to the Cambridge Audio.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"